Harrisburg, PA

Posted May 03, 2013
My son started school in Camp Curtin this year 2012-13. He's in 1st grade and his reading and math have improved dramatically. He passed with an above average grade and is already learning 2nd grade work and I think the school's doing a great job with the children in their learning process. They still need some improvement in some things like organization and disipline but for the most part I'm satisfied with my son's education. Thank you

Posted April 09, 2010
I as a parent of a child in the Harrisburg School System...Is pleased with the outcome of my son's education...I know there will be some parent's who will disagree with my opinion,but please allow me to explain why...1st thing 1st,Our childrens education believe it or not starts at home...with the proper teachings of everyday life and the use of common sense goes a long way,From the time my son was able to speak a few words as a todler,I started off with the face game...helping him to identify eyes.nose,mouth,ears, etc,than came the ABC'c and 123's,colors and shapes before starting daycare,so by the time he was enrolled, he knew the basics..and this carried on through elementery and jr. high and soon to be highschool...Parent input is a must in this educational system,,,behavior and academic wise especially.My son Janyle Davis is an 8th grade student at Camp Curtin.

Posted April 06, 2006
The state of this schools saddens me. Teachers from conversations that I have had with some are there just to gain experience and to move on. The dedication in my eyes is not there. There is a blaitain disrespect for the students to where some of the staff will and can speak with them in any manner that they so wish, this was witnessed with my own eyes. No parental involvement what so ever. Also if your child is not physically aggressive, he or she will not make it in this school. It is fight or flight. This is the mentality that you are dealing with. If you are considering coming to this area to live, I would run far as I can in the other direction. The Harrisburg City Schools is not a place that you would want to have your budding child attending. This is from experience.

Posted January 10, 2006
Camp Curtain Elementary school has had a face lift but the school has not changed. My oldest has been there since 'K' and the school has changed for the better in some ways and in others has not. I believe that there is some sort of denial amoungst the leader in the school. I have noticed within my brief encounters with the drop off and pick up student times that blows my mind. Being that this school is in the city there isn't enough of teacher, principal, or whoever outside with these kids in the morning and after school. My children (4) have done things in this time period that if they were being supervised would have gotten in trouble. I think the principal is not very aware of the things that go on in the school. She has no idea of what is in front of her.

Posted February 19, 2005
Camp Curtin does very well in most classes under the circumstances. It's just a shame that many troubled students are allowed to stay in classes and disrupt the other students.

Posted April 13, 2004
- a staff
The principal is a very hands-off principal who hides behind the computer and does not interact with staff or students. There is no consistancy among classrooms and policies. Each teacher disciplines and does their own 'handbook'.

Camp Curtin School
2900 North 6th St, Harrisburg, PA  17110
Last modified Camp Curtin School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camp Curtin School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top