Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Holy Name is a fantastic school! My two children attend the school, and we couldn't be happier! They are both taught with love and kindness. The teachers truly care about their students!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I always knew my child would be bullied at some point. I just never imagined the teacher would be the bully.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This had to be the most unChrist-like environment in the classroom that you could imagine! A little boy was made to cry for drawing a picture of Jesus and His Disciples because he was suppose to draw a picture about Charlotte's web. The teacher laughed about making the child cry.

Our children and family has been blessed by Holy Name of Jesus School. The teachers go above and beyond expectations. We feel part of a big family. Not all of our children were perfect. Holy Name of Jesus worked with us to identify their God-given talents. Besides education, the school is in the business of getting our children to heaven. We have made friends with other families at Holy Name of Jesus and feel a part of the community. Highlights-A teacher told me that something had changed with our daughter and she had trouble reaching her. Our daughter needed glasses! One teacher noticed my son's aptitude with computers at an early age and started a computer club. This son graduated and studied computers at college. A teacher notice a tongue thrust in another son and advised me to allow the speech pathologist at the school to look at him to correct the problem.They are always looking for parent volunteers.. My daughter was in a Math club afterschool that was led by a dad. All volunteers have their Youth Protection clearance and background checks. We feel our children get individual attention at Holy Name of Jesus. Holy Name is Middle States accredited.

Holy Name of Jesus is an excellent school. Both of my children attend Holy Name of Jesus school and they are flourishing. My children love going to school everyday. I am blessed to send my children there!!!

My best advice is to avoid this place. Leadership has absolutely no interest in engaging parents. Academics suffer in this place, despite an upgraded physical plant and the fact that this is the wealthiest parish in the diocese. The school puts too much emphasis on multiple different competitions and extracurriculars, and to my shock (assuming Catholic schools were the same to better academically), students are not on par with their peers at local public schools in some classes. There is surprisingly little homework. This is probably done so kids can stay in school until 9 pm to rehearse a play for months on end (including school holidays), and can have time to compete in multiple local and national activities that faculty and administration push them into, and feel will make the school look good. Language offerings are a joke; science and math are sorely lacking. I would definitely avoid this place and consider other options.

This school has problems one of them being that some of the sports programs are being run by a lot of non catholics and some of the things going on is terrible like a lot of dishonesty and unfairness. Non catholics are being put ahead of the catholics in sports like football and basketball. Some parents even put their kids in the school just to play the sports and they arent even catholics, or they do and say what they have to just to get their kids to play in the sports programs or go to the school but dont even believe in what the school is representing. The new principle should take control of this.Until that stops everyone is going to suffer from it.

The leadership that left is under the same leadership that just took over. The fate of Holy Name is undetermined and many good children were judged unfairly at this school and asked to leave over the past few years by the both of them. Leadership should have been asked to leave not the students.

Holy Name is not recognized as often as it should be as a great school. We have had nothing but great experiences here. The teachers are outstanding and really care about the students. The parents are excited about the new principal. The parent involvement in my son's grade is great. We have to turn away parent help sometimes. I am happy that we chose Holy Name as a school for our children.

For kindergarten age, our experience has been phenomenal. We lucked out with an outstanding teacher. Our child seems challenged, and seems to be flourishing in the environment. We will be sending our child back next year for first grade; however, we'll make our decision for future years on a case-by-case (yearly) basis, because of the changes in leadership of the church and lack of knowledge of how the school performs above the kindergarten grade level. We were disappointed to find that there is nearly zero diverisity in the student population and hope this will begin to change over time.

Last modified Holy Name of Jesus School is a Private school that serves grades K-8