Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 26, 2016
Both of my children have had and still have Miss Lowry as a teacher. She is the most honest, patient, understanding teacher that we have had the pleasure to know. When some others didn't quite understand my children, she saw right through them. She had no problem teaching my children. My children and us as parents don't have a unkind thing to say about her. She is a Extraordinary teacher & we are truly grateful that our children had the pleasure of her teaching them. When they move on they/we will miss her!!! The Knox Family

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Both of my children have had and still have Miss Lowry (Southside Elementary School) as a teacher. She is the most honest, patient, understanding teacher that we have had the pleasure to know. When some others didn't quite understand my children, she saw right through them. She had no problem teaching my children. My children and us as parents don't have a unkind thing to say about her. She is a Extraordinary teacher & we are truly grateful that our children had the pleasure of her teaching them. When they move on they/we will miss her!!! The Knox Family

Posted July 28, 2014
The technology available in the classrooms and level of care provided to the students by the teacher is exceptional. My kids only attended one year due to work relocation and this school was missed before we were gone. All throughout the summer and even on family vacations my kids have requested for us to take their picture and send to their teachers. Ms. Kautz, Flythe, & Kelly are names routinely mentioned in our household. They are awesome! Thanks for the wonderful memories. Sincerely, The Risch Family

Posted April 17, 2014
I can not express the gratitude that I have for this elementary school...The professionalism is outstanding!! The staff in all areas go way beyond their call of duty in maintaining a healthy environment for all who attend and enter....I applaud this school along with it's staff..I cannot think of a better school..I cannot express myself further than what I have already...From maintaining a strict mental health establishment within the school and ensuring the safety of the students and staff who deal with any of their troubled kid's..KUDOS !!

Posted March 23, 2014
This is a wonderful school. The teachers go above and beyond to provide a great education for all the students. The school is very diverse, students are well behaved and appear to enjoy school.

Posted March 14, 2014
I wish I would have made the change with my kids sooner. They attended private school until we couldn't take the blatant favoritism there anymore and left. I have no idea why CD East schools get such a bad rapport. All 3 of my kids were said to have learning issues at their private school and were constantly told by support staff that they would never be able to do certain things. Oh yeah?? Since coming to CD East schools, my daughter excels in reading and no longer needs support. The staff thinks it's pretty ridiculous that her private school labeled her as having a learning disability. She simply learns a different way. She would shy away from reading because she had zero confidence and now all she wants to do is read. I highly recommend South Side, CD East Middle and East High. The diversity is wonderful, teachers are excellent, you just have to make the effort to be an involved parent. I have never had a complaint from either of my 3 children about going to school since moving to this district 4 years ago. We should have come long ago.

South Side El School 1

Posted April 29, 2011
Fighting is an issue. Apparently some students are permitted to punch other kids without getting into much trouble at all. The majority of the children are very disrespectful towards the teachers and other students. That all starts at home...but the teachers/principal do not correct the out of control behavior. Also the kids don't get enough homework because most won't do it. So the good kids who want to learn will not be prepared for middle school.

South Side El School 4

Posted December 21, 2006
Since starting at South Side in 2005, I have seen how much my three daughters have grown academically and socially because of the academic and social environment provided by the administration and teachers. The school has an excellent Learning Support staff that really works along with parent's to ensure student's in need of learning support receive a high quality education. Teachers are easily accessible via telephone and email and respond promptly. The principal genuinely cares about the students, has an open door policy and is available for conferences whenever parent's feel they are warranted. The PTA provides wonderful extracurricular activities for the students and works hard to ensure that the they have a lot of fun activities in which to participate. The diversity is wonderful. Like all schools, South Side has it share of problems but the staff works hard to address them. The problems are minimal compared to the successes!

South Side El School 1

Posted April 27, 2005
this school does not try its best to help children with adhd. and learning problems. 504 plans are a joke. no child left behind is the law. they want my child behind less hassle for them. if your child has any of these problem find another schools. parents in this area have said the same thing so theres more then one of us.

South Side El School 4

Posted January 08, 2005
My son entered kindergarden this year at South Side Elem. and I was leary of the school because I always heard bad things about the school. Since he's been there he has learned a lot and he has a great teacher. He was 'Student of The Week' in October and we were very proud of him. I would contribute all his accomplishments to having a teacher that really cares and one that he really likes. I have changed my opinion of the school and would say that they have a good place for students to come and learn.

4525 Union Deposit Rd, Harrisburg, PA  17111
Last modified South Side El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.