Harrisburg, PA

Posted September 03, 2014
2014 marks the 11th year that our children have been enrolled at CCA. All of my children started in Kindergarten and they are now in 3rd, 6th, 8th, and 10th. We live in the Camp Hill School District but decided to send our children to CCA to give them the best education available in the area. CCA strives to educate the whole person focusing on character development as much as wisdom and knowledge. If you are looking for a "teach to the test...I just want my kids to get good grades"...CCA might not be a match for your family. Students are taught in a Socratic method and they acquire the love of learning. We wouldn't go anywhere else.

Posted September 02, 2014
CCA is a marvelous community of classical learning and deep faith where children learn to joyfully search for the truth, beauty, and goodness in all academic disciplines and all scholarly pursuits. The classrooms are orderly but engaging, the teachers are demanding yet gracious and warm - they've truly found the best way to blend education and learning with character development. My son has thrived at CCA, mastering new skills, perfecting beautiful cursive handwriting, making fantastic friends, stretching himself to try new things, and learning to love God and serve his neighbors each day. Our family believes in classical Christian education and CCA does it with excellence. If you want your children to be nurtured, challenged, and loved, take a tour today! You won't be disappointed (and you'll find how much cool stuff you missed out on when you were young!)

Posted September 01, 2014
We have been at CCA for 9 years and seen tremendous growth and improvement in the school and its facilities. We chose this school because of its excellent academic standards and its loving environment. We really love the teachers and the fact that they care about the students and always push them to do their best. There is a positive Christian atmosphere, and we have been extremely pleased with our choice to send our children here.

Covenant Christian Academy 1

Posted August 22, 2014
My son went to kindergarten in Covenant.I have very mixed feelings about this school.My son started to read when he turned 3 y.o. so as a mom, I wanted to give him better oppotunity to grow with his knowledge.Unfortunately, it didnt happen in this school.It's nice little school with high security,new gym, good art and music classes, but as it comes to knowledge it is the same as a regular public school curiculum, they dont give some extra work to the advanced students.They teach kindergaten how to write in script which is very cool,but this school was just not right fit for my son.He was bored there getting constant misbehavior notes from his teachers.I expected the teacher will keep him busy how they promised at the beginning but it didnt happen.I was busy that year doing one project and didnt have time to study much with him,so at the end of school year I was depressed by discovering that he learnt nothing new but scrip writing.In addition he lost his interest in reading, counting etc.As a private school they should do better job working with advanced kids to attract more of them to their school.So please do research and make sure this school is right for your child.Good luck.

Posted April 24, 2013
My children have been attending this school for the past 6 years. The classical method of education has helped them excel and enjoy learning. Teachers are caring and available; parent involvement is warmly welcomed. Christian worldview is applied to all facets of life. I highly recommended CCA to anyone who wants to give their kids a great education!

Covenant Christian Academy 4

Posted January 04, 2011
Great and caring teachers who practice what they preach. Your child, and you, will be challenged. This is not a school where you drop off your child and leave it to them. A lot of parent involvement, at every level. Love the discipline structure. Only a 4* and not a 5 as we need more athletic opportunities and a better "gym." But that will come. Christ centered, plenty of involvement. Our kids love it and each year is more challenging. We have asked if they want to stay and they say yes. Like the uniforms. Need a "uniform" exchange closet or a couple exchange events a year as that gets costly.

Covenant Christian Academy 0

Posted October 20, 2009
CCA is a Classical Education school in the Harrisburg area. Students are taught to think, learn and communicate in a fun, Christian-based atmosphere. Graduates from CCA are given the ability to identify fallacies, effectively communicate orally and in writing using the vast skills and knowledge they acquired.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted March 24, 2007
This school is perfect for children who want to learn in a structured and peaceful environment.The class sizes are small, teachers are extremely devoted and caring, and the school administrators are open, available and helpful. If education is a top priority in your home, linked to a Christ centered world view as well as raising children with Godly character then this school is for you. Two girls through 6 years and counting. D Minter

Covenant Christian Academy 4

Posted February 13, 2007
Very peaceful environment; strict discipline. Academically, great curriculum for average to above average students. All children are taught with same method and with only whole group instruction, on same level within each grade level. Very little differentiation of instruction. Classical method is generally very effective and motivating for many children.

Covenant Christian Academy
1982 Locust Lane, Harrisburg, PA  17109
Last modified Covenant Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Covenant Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top