Posted June 27, 2014
I have previously worked at LLCDC for about 5 years. I only left due to relocation, and since then I have worked in 3 other centers. I can honestly and genuinely say that I have yet to experience a center as well managed and organized as this one.The owners, director and staff are all extremely dedicated to the children, and it truly shows. Experiencing first hand how Little Learners is run and operated, I would recommend this school to my own family and friends without hesitation.

Posted June 27, 2014
My son had been in a private home daycare for 2 1/2 years. Then unexpectedly, his provider fell ill & could not take care of him anymore. I enrolled him in LLCDC & there were some bumps along the road with the transition, but the director and her staff handled it with such encouragement, confidence & reassurance. In a couple of weeks, my son adjusted to his new surroundings & began to flourish beyond my expectations. He was talking more, discovered a love for books, participated in a variety of activities and was absolutely thrilled to have so many friends! It has almost been a year now and my son continues to amaze me with what he learns at "school". When behavior issues had to be addressed, the director would explain the issue and offer suggestions on how we could handle it. She is professional, compassionate, supportive & always wants the best for my son. She wants to see my son succeed and treats him as if he was one of her own. Being a 1st time mom, this is so reassuring. I made a decision to put my son in her care and gave her my trust...and I don't regret it! We are blessed to have the entire LLCDC staff in our lives! Thank you!!

Posted April 15, 2014
LLCDC has been a home away from home for both of my children. They have attended there since they were both 6 weeks old. My oldest is now 11 and wants to work there when she is old enough! She also attended the private Kindergareten class and left there on a 3rd grade reading level. My youngest who is now 6 is also attending the private Kindergarten class and absolutely LOVES school. She is reading chapter books! Little Learners has been a huge part of our lives and we wouldn't know what to do without them! We LOVE them and recommend them to anyone 100%.

Posted March 04, 2013
I am a local middle school teacher so I was looking for very specific things when I went visiting Harrisburg daycares. Is the environment/relationship between employees relaxed and friendly? Do the teachers have a discipline policy, but also work to encourage a positive environment of good behavior and organization? Is the environment updated, stimulating and fun? Do the teachers engage with their students and not just sit on the side-lines? Are bonds created? Are the students considered advanced if they take this daycare s curriculum and transition into a public school? Are the classrooms transparent and open? Are the classrooms clean and well-organized? Is the daycare diverse? I choose to send my daughter to Little Learner s after visiting a few daycares they have in the upper Harrisburg area and being able to answer yes to all of the questions above. The parents raved about the Little Learner s Kindergarten Program. Everyone (the staff) knows each other and the teachers really work as a team to help each other out. Parents are free to visit or stay with their child at any time without notice. We recently had to move. I really miss this daycare.

Posted January 20, 2012
I was looking up the address for this daycare and read the (1/11/12) review. Although I do not know this situation, I had to write with my experience because it was the complete opposite of this parent s exp. I was especially shocked with the word discrimination ; for, this center is very diverse. My child was not there since he was an infant; however, he was having difficulty adapting to the program not because of the facility, but because he was later diagnosed with Autism. The director was very understanding and nurturing to my son while she also looked out for the best interest of all the children in his class as we worked to find a solution. My fear was that she would terminate services, but she was more than willing to work with him. She encouraged me to be patient and as long as we worked together, we would make sure that my son would have opportunities that he deserved. My son is now in third grade and is doing extremely well. He excels in every subject and is being tested for Gifted program. He is full of confidence and has avoided the label. I owe most of this to Lisa and her team. All of the parents that I speak with share the same feelings. That speaks volumes.

Little Learners Child Development Center 1

Posted January 11, 2012
I was not satisfied on how the director of this school handled my 3 year old. If your child has not attended this school from birth and is not use to her ways, she will discriminate against your child. After three months, she made me feel that my child was a hoodlum in the making and begin to label my child. As a parent, I helped as best as I could by being visible throughout the day as I was able to do so without compromising my job. But if it was not up to her standards, she did not want my child there...and later made it known that she didn't. I was advised by an professional educator and by others that knew of the situation to take my son out immediately. The environment was not healthy for my child and they did not have my child's best interest at heart. The school he is in now stated that they do not have any problems and that he is a typical 3 year old boy who needed to learn to adjust to change especially after coming from a home-based care. As soon as he started, a few days later, I was told that my son was extremely intelligent and his academics were above average. Please be aware if your child is starting Little Learners beyond his 1st year of life.

Posted May 16, 2011
My 3-year old daughter has been at Little Learners for about a year. It was her first time at a daycare, so I was a little nervous. However - those fears quickly subsided (for both of us) as she absolutely loved it from day one! The staff is amazing! They truly CARE for and about the kids!

Little Learners Child Development Center 0

Posted November 04, 2009
I love this daycare! They really care about the children. The owners have dedicated themselves entirely to these children. I love the staff! I feel like they are part of my family. I would never take my children anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 22, 2009
I have a 12 year old, a 5 year old and a soon to be 4 year old and all of them have attended little learners and i couldnt be more pleased. I reccommend LLCDC to any parent that wants a safe and secure enviroment for their child(ren). on top of the security the education aspect is incredible. The teachers are well-trained and certified. from the infant room to the private kindergarden the staff is wonderful.

Little Learners Child Development Center 0

Posted May 26, 2009
This is a WONDERFUL place to send your child for preschool and for the private kindergarten. The owners are great and really care abou the kids. ALL the staff are very focused on giving the children the best possble care and education. My 2 youngest children have attended and I would not send my child anywhere else!!!

Little Learners Child Development Center
2300 Vartan Way, Harrisburg, PA  17110
Last modified Little Learners Child Development Center is a Private school
Little Learners Child Development Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top