Harrison City, PA

Posted September 05, 2013
One of the comments below said PT had average state testing scores which is completely false. PT is ranked very high on PSSAs amongst other public schools (top 15%, some years top 10%). Another poor rating came from a parent who complained about the school's guidance counselors not helping their child apply for school/ financial aid/ scholarships. PTHS prepared your child to actually get into a college. Many children across the state are not even eligible to graduate high school and drop out. So I have an issue with your one star rating. One last comment on a ranker before me, an individual conplained about the lack of diversity. Yes, PT is predominately caucasian but that is not the school's fault. The school is public to all PT residents... they're just predominately white. I'm not saying PT is a perfect school district, it definitely has flaws like all schools. However, now that I have had my student teaching in an urban pittsburgh public school, it frustrates me that people have given an above average school such a low rating. I just wish the people who gave one star ratings could visit an inner city school where there are bigger problems that need resolved.

Posted November 15, 2012
I am a former student and am now a high school chemistry teacher in Eastern PA. I cannot believe the poor ratings for this exceptional school district. The school has repetitively scored high and in the top 100 (out of over 600) public schools. I graduated with honors from the University of Pittsburgh with a chem major and biology minor. I then did an alternative route program for my teacher certification in secondary education with a science specialization... Anyway, I routinely scored higher than my peers on exams throughout college. I believe PT helped me tremendously and I was given a great education. The teachers are top-notch and prepare students for the future. I wish the students and parents who gave poor reviews could experience a different school district where books and teachers are in high demand. Absolutely absurd comments.

Posted March 02, 2012
All of the negative reviews that you will find here are from bitter students who did not like the school based on elements like lack of popularity or poor grades, or from parents whose children are doing badly. This is a PHENOMENAL high school that cannot be beat by any other high school in the neighboring districts. They properly prepared me for college and the work force.

Posted August 14, 2011
Professional, well-educated and caring staff. Thoughtful, well-mannered students. Cutting edge technology. Excellent community support and involvement. World-class education in a small setting. Numerous extra-curricular activities and elective choices. Distinguished arts program. The best overall district in Western PA.

Penn Trafford High School 4

Posted February 08, 2010

Penn Trafford High School 4

Posted November 09, 2009
I'm a former student who is currently at a very rigorous college, and I feel my experience at PT prepared me very well academically; in most cases I feel even more prepared than my peers, many of whom attended private high schools. While the music and art instructors are excellent, they recieve a lack of funding from the administration. The high school has three guidance couselors although there are just less than 400 hundred students in each class. Students are assigned to a counselor for all four years. I met with my counselor for the last time at the beginning of my senior year (I went to PT all four years) and she thought I had just transferred there! And she is supposed to be writing my letter of reccomendation for college?

Penn Trafford High School 0

Posted August 11, 2009
There seems to be no leadership here. The good teachers the district does have either seem to leave or 'burn out ' in a few years. The teachers seem to have generally poor morale and it carries over in there work. Special Ed. seems to be the focus of the administration. Facilities are average at best when compared to districts close to them. PT has a very undeserved high rating. I guess if you tell people a lie long enough, they will eventually believe it.

Posted August 06, 2009
excellent school district. i would definitely recommend it to others.

Posted May 18, 2009

Penn Trafford High School 3

Posted January 05, 2009
I cannot believe all the focus given to special needs children in the schools. My son is always waiting for these kids to 'catch on'. And at times he is the one helping them! iam not paying school taxes so my son can twiddle his thumbs waiting all day. Its my son who does very well in school, that is left back! the special needs kids need to be in a 'special needs school'.

Penn Trafford High School
3381 Route 130, Harrison City, PA  15636
Last modified Penn Trafford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penn Trafford High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top