Bad
Good

Teachers take an active approach with every student and the the communication between parent and all staff, not just teacher is phenomenal.

How much can I remember from 1956? I liked the baseball field. And they had a Maggies candy store close.

I went to Lynnewood many years ago, and am now in college. It had such a great impact on my life. The teachers were outstanding, the community was very close-knit, and parents were very involved. We were challenged, and had a balanced curriculum. The teachers did a great job preparing us for the PSSA. I always look back on my years at Lynnewood with a smile.

i go to Lynnewood, and enjoy it very much. It has great teachers and programs. The sports are great and I would recommend this school to anyone.

i am glad my kids start this school ,they are in 1 and 2nd grade mrs talevi and mrs gradwohl are teching them and they are really excellent teachers, each staff person involves in school so much learning and fun there

This school is absolutely wonderful. The academic program is challenging and is structured to raise the bar. I am pleased by the amount of nightly homework that is required, as I believe it sets the table for future academic success. Socially, the students are well mannered and eager help their fellow students. Parents are in-tune with the school and engaged in their child's education. Lynnewood earns an A+ in my book.

Lynnewood gives my daughter a wonderful, specialized learning experience. She has been there for 3 years. Her first and second years were a little bumpy emotionally as they were her first in public school after pre-school and kindergarten at church school. She was also adjusting to new neighborhood, etc. Her third year was fantastic! She had a dedicated team of teachers who have responded willingly and helpfully to every concern raised by my husband or me. Starting the first year she was selected to go to math enrichment, and during the second year she was given full psycho-educational testing (suggested by the school, not us) and placed in the seminar program (gifted). She LOVES this. Better still, the seminar teacher works with all the other teachers to make sure she is appropriately challenged in all her classes. We couldn't be happier!

Being a "new Lynnewood Mom" - my child is in Kindergarten, I cannot say enough about the great quality of the school. From the cheerful & laid-back feeling when you enter, our amazing teacher, the other staff members we have met, all great- and the Principal seems to be as amazing as EVERY parent- past & present says about her. We had my our child enrolled in a private school & literally the 1st day changed our minds (various reasons) & other than a half day K (not the school's fault- but REALLY wish it were full day) we are thrilled with our decision & look forward to the next 5 yrs being a part of the Lynnewood community.

This is a fantastic school. The teachers and principal are inspirational people in their hard work, dedication, genuine caring. My children have been here 4 years now. However, I've noticed problems the past few months that really have nothing to do with the staff. I believe the problem is stemming from this Child Guidance Resource Center the township has allowed to open nearby. I think this was a mistake on the Township's part. These are some troubled children and their troubled families I believe are moving into the rental properties near the Center. The almost as troubled siblings of these kids are now attending the local public schools and the problems we're having with some of these kids and their parents are forcing us to consider moving.

Lynnewood school is wonderful because of the people! From the Principal, Susan Mingey, all the teachers and all the PTO, to every parent & every child. Lynnewood school is a community within a community. I'm so glad my family is lucky enough to be part of that kind of SPIRIT!!!

Last modified Lynnewood El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.