Havertown, PA
Students enrolled: 1,285

Posted June 03, 2015
My child just transferred to the middle school this year from a local catholic school and I couldn't be happier. The teachers have always been willing to speak with me and update me on my daughters progress. The transition into the school was smooth and my daughters grades have been outstanding since attending the middle school. The music, play, and all extracurricular activities have been wonderful. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 30, 2015
We have had a wonderful experience with the teachers and administrators at Haverford Middle School. We moved into the district last year, mid-school year. The Counselor spent a lot of time with me and my child to help us get acclimated and has always been available for questions during the adjustment period. The teachers have been conscientious and creative. The athletic scene is a little intense in some sports, especially for a middle school level. But overall, this is a wonderful school and a great community asset.

Posted November 17, 2014
This school is definitely above average. This year, they have a new principal and I notice that she has done a reboot in terms of teaching approaches and etc. She definitely has a vision for the school. The students are typical adolescents, but, behaviors are kept under control and I have yet to see an incident. I have worked in Philadelphia City Schools and trust me, HMS is not to be compared. The New Adm is professional, bright eyed and ready to go! Special Ed is using more computer technology in providing learning support.

Posted March 08, 2014
I have been going to Haverford Middle School ever since the beginning and it is a great school! Everyone is absolutely nice to each other and all the teachers are always willing to help the students along the way!

Posted January 03, 2014
Hi all I just switched my child from St Denis to haverford it is such a great switch she loves it so much better.She loves it so much.It is such a great community for my daughter.All of her teachers are superb. I would highly recommend this school to all who I looking to switch schools. Hope this is helpful

Posted March 13, 2012
Although the administration is less than stellar the educators are dedicated. I have a child there now who is in the "gifted" program. It is called Seminar. A lot of the reviews say there isn't one. I have had two children in this program over the past 5 years. The music program is exceptional. There ARE after school and pre school programs also. You need to update the info.

Haverford Middle School 1

Posted April 08, 2011
We moved to this area purposely because we thought the schools would be better than prior district. WRONG! HMS teachers/administrators are possibly the worst communicators in the world. The guidance counselors/teachers act as if they are doing parents a huge favor if they respond to e mails/phone calls. They don t post homework or tests/quizzes on the website until AFTER the work is graded so there is no self help option to see if your child is doing well/poorly. Yet the staff is obviously annoyed if a parent attempts to contact them via e mail or phone. I will be sending my child to private school for high school. Again, we moved here for the school system , so this is something I didn t expect to have to do.

Haverford Middle School 1

Posted May 06, 2010
No gifted program, counselors are poor as is the administrators. Community is mostly not college-educated and this has filtered down into the children. We are moving to a better school district.

Posted September 17, 2009
I am quite pleased with all that the faculty and staff at Haverford Middle School do to create a safe, encouraging, and challenging learning environment for my daughter. All have been quickly responsive to any concerns or questions voiced by either my daughter or myself. Watching her developing independence in such a healthy educational environment is rewarding.

Haverford Middle School

Posted September 17, 2009
great support system , my grand daughter is a new student at hms and was help every step of the way

Haverford Middle School
1701 Darby Rd, Havertown, PA  19083
Last modified Haverford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haverford Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top