Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I'm a parent of 4, three of which are in the high school. It's a wonderful high school and has an enormous amount of activities to engage the students.. 6/10 is a poor reflection of the High School.

Went to Haverford High in the mid 2000's one of the best schools in the area only thing I would change is to have went there all 4 years but split my time with Lower Merion High. Not saying Lower Merion High is bad but preferred the atmosphere at Haverford high. Really not sure what this score is based on but very good school either way.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Spent time in the 3rd track classes really thought it helped me in comparison to other high schools I went to.

I look at the 7 rating and think......how can the rating drop so significantly from elementary to middle to high school? The truth is this is a great high school. AP classes that actually prepare students for the AP Exams. A wonderful music program that is supported by the community. I have five children in the district and couldn't be more pleased.

I am a former student who graduated two and a half years ago. HHS is a pretty good school, though not the best and certainly not the worst. There are a wide variety of activities, such as music, sports, and many clubs of all different interests. Some teachers are outstanding, others are okay, and some seem like they're just there to get a paycheck. There are all different types of electives which encourage the students to explore many different areas. In my opinion, the honors level students are given more attention than the average students. I had an IEP, and honestly, there were times when I felt like I was spoon-fed and not challenged enough. I thought the guidance counselors were very informative and helpful. Administration did little outside of discipline. Our class did wonderfully on the PSSA, which shows that HHS is indeed a good school. Many average students end up going to DCCC, which is not a bad thing, but shows that they do not receive the same encouragement and attention as the honors students. Overall I am happy with my experience at HHS, I just wish there were a few small changes with students who are not honors level. A good middle class suburban high school.

Speaking as the parent of a former student, while there are some excellent teachers and challenging courses, there is a huge blind spot in the commitment to counseling. They have far fewer than the surrounding schools with which they compare themselves. Thus, for instance, higher performing students are not advised of the need to take AP courses in 10th and 11th Grade in order to be considered by selective schools (note: 12th Grade courses do not matter when transcripts are required by January 1st). Counselors only have time for problems and paperwork. Net result - embarrassing few students get to the Ivies or equivalents. If you have a bright student in 9th grade, get some outside help.

I am a parent of three HHS students. Overall, the school has a great academic program and is preparing my kids well for college. All three know what's required of them and take ownership of their work. I have recommended the HHS to friends and colleagues and they're happy I made the recommendation.

As a parent of two children who went through the entire school system in Haverford, I think there is a drop-off at the high school level. There are any number of excellent teachers, but the guidance program is weak, and students are not adequately challenged and counseled to apply to better colleges. In general, I haven't seen much striving for excellence or creativity, just pretty much a "business as usual" attitude from the administration.

At first glance, I was suprised to see the rating listed as a "7". Honestly, this school is challenging for students and provides a solid, well-rounded education. What I like most about haverford is the mix of socio-economic groups since it most accurately represents the "real-world". My wife and I are very active in our childen's education and there have been times where we've assigned more work and asked our kids to spend more time on homework. Was it necessary? No. Havertown keeps pace with the "10 minutes" of homework per grade level. Also, there seems to be a disconnect with the elementary/middle school and high school rating. The elementary/middle school have an average rating of 9, but the high school is a 7. Frankly, we don't see a drop-off at the high school level. No issues from my family. I have and will continue to receommend Havertown School District to all of my friends and family.

My daughter is currently a sophomore at HHS and my opinon is that the school is ok - not exceptional and not terrible. The administration/guidance departments are AWFUL. The teaching overall is good (some really terrific teachers and some just average or below). Overally, I'd say it's an average suburban high school. The college statistics have been trending downward (60% for 2010) and most of the kids who do go to school end up at DCC. As I said, okay but not great.

Last modified Haverford Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.