Hellertown, PA
Students enrolled: 1,014

Posted May 02, 2014
My child is in the elementary school and was tested into the gifted program. I am amazed at how individualized the program is for students with both gifts and needs. When my son had any area he needed extra help for they were quick to assist and meet with me. The teachers really seem to care about the sucess of students emotionally and academically. My son loves the art and library teachers too. He brings home actual art projects not just crafts/busy work. He likes that the library gives out new books any time he is finished. The librarians are so thoughtful with him.

Posted October 05, 2013
My children started the 2012 school year at SV Elementary in Kindergarten and 2nd grades. My kids have grown so much in this school and look forward to each day. It is a beautiful school, the teachers are excellent and they still have music, gym, health, art and a huge library. I am so glad we moved into this school district. it may be primarily white students but my mixed, hispanic and white, children have not had any issues regarding their skin colors. The district is also financially diverse but the children do not seem to care that their friends house may be smaller or bigger than their own. The children being raised in this area are happy well rounded kids that are going to become great young adults.

Posted December 02, 2011
If you want to buy a house in this area be prepared to buy quick. There is a reason the real estate slump never really happened here -the school districlt is that good. The set up they have of one campus for k-12 means the resources are shared and there is a sense of community that is built for all the schools. The administration is responsive - the teachers we have had all have been seasoned, caring, quality professionals. I have a child with gifted special needs and thought it would be a battle - it has been a pleasure.

Saucon Valley El School 1

Posted October 15, 2011
I have a serious problem , our bus stop was placed in front of a registered offenders home and SV will not move it. We have done everything and they still act like defiant little children. Sad. Very sad.{ I have children in high. middle & elementary school. }

Posted March 10, 2011
We moved to this town for the great school reputation. We have been very pleased so far. The facility is top notch - brand new - state of the art equipment in the classrooms, climbing wall in the gym!, library is lovely. Teachers for us have been attentive, use the internet to communicate with weekly updates on what is happening in the classrom and provide immediate responses to parent questions. Parents are welcome in the classroom and volunteer in force. The district is big enough to have good resources - small enough that your child will not be lost in a grade size in the 1000's found in neighboring districts.

Saucon Valley El School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
My children went to Saucon for a few weeks before we moved to Texas and in that short time, they were made to feel at home. Their teachers were exceptional and after we moved away, the whole class (both of them) made cards that the students decorated themselves telling my kids how much they were missed. I was so sad to take my kids out of that school :(

Saucon Valley El School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
Saucon elementary school is a safe and loving environment where my daughter has trully blossomed as a student of education. The school staff continues to establish great communication with the the parents regarding the students everyday progress and future events.

Posted September 11, 2009

Posted August 11, 2009
This school has a very positive atmosphere. Parents are involved and strive to make the school even better. I have found the students to be polite, nice, happy kids, eager to learn.

Posted May 04, 2007
Awesome school and wonderful staff! My child has been a student for the past 6 years and I have been pleased with every year. I am also a part-time substitute teacher and have enjoyed interacting with the staff and students. I am thoroughly pleased with all areas, especially the principals' office and the way in which they handle discipline, safety and daily crisis. I would recommend this district to anyone who is considering a move to the area.

Saucon Valley El School
2085 Polk Valley Rd, Hellertown, PA  18055
Last modified Saucon Valley El School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saucon Valley El School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top