PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Our daughter will start Kindergarten next week and the orientation process has been exceptional. In March she was able to attend two evening orientations that focused on literacy and math. In addition, she was able to meet the teachers and sit in the classrooms. There is also another orientation the week before school to meet more of her classmates and answer any questions. I think having these opportunities as part of the orientation has completely eased any fears she may have had and all she can talk about is how excited she is! This has been an incredible start to our daughter's "school life." Thank you SJPII for making us feel so comfortable!

I have gone back and forth this entire school year to whether or not I should write a review about this school. Well, the day has come that I have chosen to write one. I give this school two stars only because it is a faith-based school and they do a good job at educating the students on that particular subject. However, if it weren't for that, I wouldn't even rate it. This is our first and last year here. The academics do not compare to other area schools. If you don't have the right last name or if you, as a parent, didn't attend this school growing up, you will not be treated on the same level as those who did attend. The bullying is not handled properly. Teachers and principal are biased. Again, wrong last name, not the place for you to be. Save your money!

Not a happy alumni. Poor discipline and not much commitment from the teachers, little respect for those from outside the parish. It was behind the times 20 years ago, it's probably more so now.

My children attended Notre Dame Preschool and absolutely loved the teacher and her program! They were so well prepared for kiindergarten and came home every day happy and could not wait to return. There isn't another preschool in the area that can compare! Now the rest of the school--that's another story!!!!!

Both of my children attended Notre Dame preschool, and even that ended up being a bit of a disappointment. I had such high expectations from what others told me about the program, but I left there feeling a bit misled. Originally we had planned on continuting them through all the way, but after many, many discussions, we opted for public schools instead, without a single regret. The financial aid, and level of education is EXTREMELY HYPED UP, but my advice is, check all the facts before comitting to anything. There is loads of parent involvement....because it is required! Bottom line, why pay tuition when you're already paying school taxes. Especially with the local public schools levels at least equal, if not superior (like w/the example of Hickory). Once told, the GOOD teachers are at public schools with good pay...the ones who can't get jobs teach private. Hummm...

My three children attend NDS, We are very impressed with the level of academics, the family atmosphere, the expectations of our children and the overall experience that our children have experienced over the last several years.

The education was not of a quality one would expect from a private school. My children earned straight A grades at Notre Dame without problem, but the education material was so far behind that of the local public schools that one was taken back a grade and the other put in special education when we left Notre Dame

As a parent of a current student, the school provides an average quality education and a good Catholic education. We expected higher quality of teaching and have been greatly disappointed in mathematics preparation. There seems to be limited oversight by school management. There is no foreign language offered and the emphasis for extra-curricular activities is sports.

Last modified Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5