Hermitage, PA

Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2012
Not a happy alumni. Poor discipline and not much commitment from the teachers, little respect for those from outside the parish. It was behind the times 20 years ago, it's probably more so now.

Posted August 14, 2011
My children attended Notre Dame Preschool and absolutely loved the teacher and her program! They were so well prepared for kiindergarten and came home every day happy and could not wait to return. There isn't another preschool in the area that can compare! Now the rest of the school--that's another story!!!!!

Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2010
Both of my children attended Notre Dame preschool, and even that ended up being a bit of a disappointment. I had such high expectations from what others told me about the program, but I left there feeling a bit misled. Originally we had planned on continuting them through all the way, but after many, many discussions, we opted for public schools instead, without a single regret. The financial aid, and level of education is EXTREMELY HYPED UP, but my advice is, check all the facts before comitting to anything. There is loads of parent involvement....because it is required! Bottom line, why pay tuition when you're already paying school taxes. Especially with the local public schools levels at least equal, if not superior (like w/the example of Hickory). Once told, the GOOD teachers are at public schools with good pay...the ones who can't get jobs teach private. Hummm...

Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2009
My three children attend NDS, We are very impressed with the level of academics, the family atmosphere, the expectations of our children and the overall experience that our children have experienced over the last several years.

Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2008
The education was not of a quality one would expect from a private school. My children earned straight A grades at Notre Dame without problem, but the education material was so far behind that of the local public schools that one was taken back a grade and the other put in special education when we left Notre Dame

Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2008

Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2007
As a parent of a current student, the school provides an average quality education and a good Catholic education. We expected higher quality of teaching and have been greatly disappointed in mathematics preparation. There seems to be limited oversight by school management. There is no foreign language offered and the emphasis for extra-curricular activities is sports.

Posted August 05, 2005
My daughter is only going into pre-k. She went last year for preschool and I couldn't be happier. Her teacher is absolutely wonderful. The structure is more than I expected, and from what I understand the entire school is this way. The level of parent envolvement depends on the parents. This school has open arms to all parents! They have a program called Script that allows you to buy gift cards to all types of stores from the school and it helps you put towards your tuition. I love this school and I look forward to my child's next school year.

Posted June 04, 2004
- a former student
I graduated from Notre Dame this year, and I can teel you, I was crying. It is an outstanding place of learning with caring teachers and an outstanding academic program.

Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School
2335 Highland Road, Hermitage, PA  16148
Last modified Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Blessed John Paul Ii Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top