Posted August 03, 2013
South Hanover Elementary School - After many years of traveling due to my husband's service in the military. I was thrilled to find a school like South Hanover Elementary. The teachers and staff are amazing. My son is happy and loves his school, teachers and classmates. The care and attention provided to the students is what every parent desires upon sending their child to school.

Posted January 31, 2012
My kids and I absolutely love this school! The teachers are brilliant! Both of my boys had unique learning needs that needed to be addressed. They were able to specifically re-mediate their weaknesses and showcase their strengths. My boys are both making excellent grades and score in advanced on their PSSA's. We have benefited from the extra-curricular activities such as the excellent music and art program as well as optional before school physical activities. The parents and staff truly care about the children in this school!! Thank you South Hanover!

South Hanover El School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
I am the room parent for my daughters kindergarten class and I see a wonderful interaction between parents and teacher in the school activities and academics. Their bus service, school academics and activities, the attention and care given to students is highly appreciated. The only thing I feel a little sad is the participation in school events, not much of involvement or crowd as expected, hopefully that will improve soon.

Posted December 09, 2009
I have been a school bus driver for this district for about 5 yrs now and have driven for all 5 elementary schools here...I LOVE South Hanover and now my son is in Kindergarten here...The teachers and staff are wonderful!!

Posted June 17, 2009
My daughter just 'graduated' from South and will be starting Middle School in the Fall. I can honestly say that I don't think she could be more prepared -- her education at South Hanover was excellent, from her first day of Kindergarten to her last day of 5th grade. She had incredible opportunities to focus on her own talents and interests. She was challenged but rarely frustrated. When we had problems, a quick email to a teacher or a short meeting Principal Rhine was all it took. The PTO is exceptionally active. 'South Hanover: Where Everybody Counts!'

Posted April 29, 2009
I pulled my son from private school and enrolled him in South Hanover. He is very shy and this decision was very hard. I can not believe what a difference SH has made. He is a different person. He is happy and has more friends than he ever imagined. He is being challaged like he has never been before. SH is an excellent school.

South Hanover El School 1

Posted February 17, 2006
Don't expect to get much from this elementary school's administration or teachers. They turn deaf ears onto students' problems concerning academics and extracurricular activities. I suggest you keep looking for another school district!

South Hanover El School 4

Posted August 19, 2005

South Hanover El School
15 West 3rd St, Hershey, PA  17033
Last modified South Hanover El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Hanover El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.