Public charter
Homestead, PA

Propel Cs-Homestead 2

Posted December 09, 2014
I feel that there was a time when propel homestead was a great school. The teachers use to notify me about homework assignments and test. Lately they have been declining in good teachers. The strong teachers that once challenged my child's brain and to always do better seems to have been replaced with weak ones that don't care. My child is in second grade this year and I feel as if last year was more challenging. Disappointed on how things are turning out. This school had so much promise

Posted October 25, 2011
I feel that propel offers the best of both worlds. I love the academic curriculum as well as the creative arts program. I only wish that the school can come up with more of an outside program as well. I think this will benefit the upper grade levels.

Posted June 18, 2011
Propel-Homestead is a wonderful school. The principals are awesome and it is refreshing to deal with teachers who actually care and enjoy teaching. I would recommend Propel to anyone.

Posted July 08, 2010
This school is wonderful. They teach the children so many different things so they are well rounded individuals. Propel gives there students the ability to be individuals instead of putting them in specific groups.

Propel Cs-Homestead 4

Posted May 20, 2010
I honestly don't understand why Propel get low ratings. My son has been there since Kindergarten and I have nothing but good things to say about Propel.

Propel Cs-Homestead 0

Posted April 16, 2010
They have an outstanding staff of very talented and hardworking teachers, great teacher/student ratio, they take every individual's academic achievement and behavior very seriously, they are getting good results and they are doing excellent work with at risk students.

Propel Cs-Homestead 1

Posted December 01, 2009

Posted May 04, 2009
This school is excellent for children. It is child-centerd and so well-organized. There is a respect and safety for the children. I love it, and I am so grateful that my child got into Propel. He has blossomed at Propel.

Posted May 04, 2009
This is an exceptional school for creastive projevcts and getting the students engaged. I love Propel. The reading and math lessons are excellent and the teachers are good!

Propel Cs-Homestead 2

Posted November 20, 2008
Propel-Homestead has only been in existance for 5-6 years. They've done fairly well academically, however, the curriculum changes too frequently & the staff isn't always well instructed on how to implement the changes or give the children the support they need to handle the responsibility. Though staff is always professional, I'm no longer confident that they are able to keep up with the level of support needed for children with behavioral issues/learning disabilities, nor am I confident that they want to. Understanding that the times have changed & the attitude has become 'less recess is more', it seems that there is more the schools and parents could do collectively to ensure the success of our children physically, socially & academically. Propel has no extra curricular activities, few field trips, emphasis is most placed on following orders & being PC. Parent/teacher communication is open and welcome but changes can be slow.

Propel Cs-Homestead
129 East 10th Ave, Homestead, PA  15120
Last modified Propel Cs-Homestead is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Propel Cs-Homestead Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top