K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Dear Parent (posting 10/3/1013), I am thankful for the elementary principal, middle school director, and business manager that serve as part of the administrative team. They are dedicated to the school and serve it with excellence so that the students have a caring environment where they are held accountable and provided a quality education. The Board members have donated freely of their time and energy to help the school accomplish many of it goals. They continue to build the website and internet out reach. They have written grant requests that have help provide new smart projectors and new computers for the faculty in 1st through 12th grades, helped build the gymnasium, and support the scholarships the school offers. Hershey Christian School is a truly remarkable place. I would ask that you gain a better understanding and our goals and history. I believe and have seen demonstrated by faculty, staff, and administration that Hershey Christian School is truly committed to excellence in providing students a Christ-centered, well-rounded education that equips them to live faithful, God honoring lives, whatever their vocation or calling. Albert Roth Headmaster

My daughter has attended HCS since Kindergarten, and she loves it!! She loves her teachers, learns a lot - from the academics to specials to Bible lessons and practice al applications of her faith. As a parent, I have appreciated the wholesome role models her teachers provide, the communication with what's going on at school and the confidence I have that her teachers are capable, caring and fun. I recommend HCS! Can't wait to send her little brother there next year!

My husband and I greatly appreciated our experience at Hershey Christian School. Our two sons have graduated and transitioned onto college. They both found that they were well prepared academically for their college level classes. More importantly they were prepared because of the investment that the HC teachers had made in their spiritual formation and their knowledge of Truth. It has not been only a sacrifice but an investment to educate our children at Hershey Christian. Is it a perfect school? No, but it one that seeks to fulfill its mission which is to be committed to excellence in providing students a Christ-centered, well-rounded education that equips them to live faithful, God-honoring lives, whatever their vocation or calling.

All I can say, look elsewhere, this school is great for the first year or so you are there..and then you begin to see how things work. I think HCS should close it's doors and start over! I really wanted to love this school, and made huge sacrifices to send my kids there...I loved the environment there and being able to know most of the parents. There is hope for this school yet..declare bankruptcy, get rid of the board and the elementary principle, and start over. Also, the school should maybe show a bit of humility and write a letter to the parents, apologizing for the way they have handled their finances thus putting pressure on the parents by skyrocketing tuition rates, because they decided to build a school building that they could never afford to build to begin with. I believe as a Christian organization to go into this much debt is a black mark for the school's reputation and on Christianity as a whole. God calls us to be above reproach and HCS has never publicly acknowledged it's downfalls with handling finances and therefore I believe by doing this, God cannot bless this school. You cannot fix what you refuse to acknowledge.

My child has been attending this school for a two years now and loves it here. The school is still evolving, as the gymnasium was recently built and the cafeteria still needs to be built. The teachers and administration work hard and genuinely care for their students. The new headmaster demonstrates strong leadership as well as great vision for the future of the school. Improvements are constantly being made and Christian values are instilled in everything the student is involved in. My child no longer complains of bullying and has strong friendships across grade levels. HCS is a relatively new school with great potential. I'm sorry I didn't enroll my child earlier. The curriculum is traditional, yet challenging, with advanced and honors classes available. (Spanish IS offered in middle and high school). Graduates' parents have indicated that their children were well prepared for college. HCS is a welcome change from a large, impersonal public school environment. I'm confident I found the perfect school for my child, and my child agrees!

This school while relatively new, is on par with the older Christian schools in the area. Each year additional evaluation and improvements are made to the facilities with a strong vision for the future of not just the school, but the individual students. My experience with the elementary school has shown the following. It has a strong, balanced approach which includes: caring faculty, challenging academics, an intentional weaving of the Christian Worldview throughout the curriculum, application of Biblical principles to life, and family involvement in a child's education. This is not a "one size fits all" school, but one that looks at the individual child and, in collaboration with their family, works to maximize strengths and overcome individual weaknesses through the grace that God gives and the Truth of His Word.

Great School!! I graduated in 07, and this place really cares about their students. If you'd rather attend a smaller private school, this place is for you.

I have thought long and hard before reviewing this school. Let me just say I am a very disillusioned parent whose children attend this school. They are in debt up to their eyeballs...because of one thing they way over-built the school. So keep in mind if you enroll your children here you will continue paying for that very costly mistake..because tuition has risen by a lot over the past several years. While the school is average..nothing great academically..there are good teachers there even thought the past several years many teachers have left. The school does not offer Spanish anymore, your children will eat lunch in a dirty, upstairs hallway, a good part of the school is still under construction and has been for the past many years, and the tuition continues to skyrocket. The school is disorganized, communication with parents is very poor, their is a gross lack of leadership in the school. So if your kid is in elementary...save yourself 6500 bucks and go somewhere else. I have been involved with this school for quite some time and nothing has really truly changed...it is very sad.

I have been going to Hershey Christian for 8 years now, and I love it there. Our teachers are the best, and they really care about us. The class sizes are small, but that means you really get to know basically everyone and there are such strong relationships, and there are more opportunities for leadership. Faith comes first, and we really learn to apply the things we learn to our lives.

I love Hershey Christian School because the faculty and staff really know my children and care about them as individuals.

Last modified Lancaster Mennonite School--Hershey Campus is a Private school that serves grades K-12