PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I was a student from kindergarten through eighth grade and a 2016 graduate. This school has left me with so many amazing memories and lots of great friends. I suggest sending your children there because they will definitely enjoy it and want to go back when they reach high school.

I went to St. Albert's from first to eighth grade and I had an amazing experience. The people I became friends with there, made me excited to go to school everyday. I was very comfortable around almost all of the teachers and I was able to talk to them if I didn't understand a subject. I walked the halls with a big smile on my face everyday. I felt very independent and I was able to be myself. I graduated last year and I wish I could go back. I am so proud to say that I attended a grade school that is worth missing. My eight years at St. Alberts were incredible and I highly recommend this school for all children.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students are most certainly NOT treated equally. Great place to show them life is not fair early on

Education is below average. No engagement, no hands on learning-just worksheets. No science in younger grades-you have to pay for science club. Teachers leaving before kids at the end of the day. Serious trouble with bullying, tried to meet with Mrs Koons about my son being stabbed in the arm with a pencil but she didn't have time- too busy trying to over complicate the end of the day dismissal for car riders ( we were emailed a diagram to follow- don't even ask). Said the pencil stabbin wasn't a big deal because the art teacher didn't see a mark, although it was there at the end of the day....must be magic. We moved and it was the best thing we ever did. In two weeks at their new school my kids teachers know their names (mrs koons didn't know my sons name after seeing him for two years. Every day she asked his name). My kids love school now. So disappointed with St Albert and it hurts worse to know you're paying for it. Do yourself a favor- send your kids anywhere else

The level of education is average; I fell the children are not challenged enough. My issue is with the administration. Bullying is a huge issue in the school, and the principal's way of dealing with it is to essentially blame the victims and not deal with the problem children. When you have been in several meetings over the years about the same child terrorizing your child and nothing gets done, it gets very frustrating. I chose to not put my children in public school not only for a better education, but for a safer environment. I could have saved a few thousand dollars and let them fight it out in the city school.

I am a proud gator parent! Our daughter attended kindergarten is presently in the first grade. I cannot think of the more welcoming and more suitable place for her to learn and grow. Saint Albert The Great school consistently impresses me because of the kindness and consideration shown by the school community for my daughter as a learner and a human being. I feel that she is challenged in a learning-rich and loving environment. I look forward to seeing her continue to grow in the care of SATG staff, guided by Mrs. Cindy Koons, a terrific principal!

Being new to the community of course we wanted the very best school for our children. Our very first visit to STAG was a visit that I always will remember. The Principal Mrs. Koons made us feel so welcomed and a part of the STAG family from the start. Walking the halls I could just feel the sense of school pride. Mrs. Koons listened to every question that we asked and answered in a way that made us feel that she was really listening. We new after our visit that STAG was for us. If Mrs. Koons could listen to us so intently, it had to be a sure sign on how she listens to her faculty staff, which in turn creates the environment we feel that we wanted for our children. An environment that will allow them to grow Spiritually, Academically, Socially and Physically. STAG incorporates many recourses that allow my children to achieve these goals. As a parent who volunteers I see first hand these resources and how the faculty staff executes these resources. I also get to see first hand how happy the children are. STAG is what we wanted for our children. We will continue to spread the word on how "GREAT" St. Albert the Great truly is. The Grannells

I am a parent of a child in the pre-k at St. Albert the Great. I am also a teacher. I have been with the Archdiocese of Philadelphia for eleven years. As a parent, I am very impressed with the education the my son receives at SATG. The welcoming atmosphere partnered with the high level of professionalism makes each day of learning excellent for my son. He not only receives the core education classes, but also has Art, Spanish, Physical Education, Computer, Library and Gym. SATG offers an enriched education that makes my son want to come to school every day. The leadership and extra -curricular activities make this school not only inviting, but a fun place to learn. I am so happy that I chose to not only work at this school, but also to have my son educated here. -Jaclyn Rocks

i have been Director of Student Services and Principal for a local school district. Presently, I serve as an educational consultant at St. ALberts. I am amazed by the services available to students with diversified needs. Students are assessed to determine their skill levels, accommodations and curricular modifications are made so students can progress at their level, and teachers are effective in dealing with their "affective" needs. The strong emphasis on instructional differentiation and positive behavior support create an impressive learning environment. The administrative leadership at St. ALberts is key to this success. Innovative ideas, willingness to try different approaches, inclusion of staff in decision making, and staff development are important to the school Principal. it is a pleasure to be part of this "child centered" environment.

St. Albert the Great School constantly changes in response to the needs of our families. We have an excellent Learning Resource Room led by a Special Ed Teacher with a Reading Specialist Certificate. There are 5 teacher aides who are retired certified teachers who work with small groups of children. We just started a Social Thinking Skills Program called SUPERFLEX in grades K - 3. The children learn about expected and unexpected behaviors. They become Social Detectives as they learn about Mean Jean, who cannot keep friends because she speaks and acts mean; or Rock Brain, who cannot move on from one thought in his head. The students learn strategies to help themselves and others when they morph into these characters. We are building a new playground that will be ready in the spring . Our Parents' Assn. is wonderful as they raise funds and offer so many fun events- such as Family Bingo and Lunch with Santa. Our school is a family---we all take care of each other. Our principal provides tours during the school day so you can see our school in action-- the best way to judge a school.

Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8