Huntingdon Valley, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 18, 2014
We are finishing our first year at St. Albert, and have had such a great year. I can t say enough good things about the school and the parish community. We were welcomed immediately as a new family by the principal, Monsignor, and our Ambassador family, so my kids knew a friend and familiar faces on their first day. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The students are well-mannered, conscientious, and respectful. The education is consistent and solid. There are plenty of extracurricular activities and CYO sports; it seems like every kid is able to find his or her niche. It seemed like every week I was impressed by something new at this school: the way Monsignor knows every student s name; how the school teaches students to practice kindness in a tangible way; a fun event from the active Parents Association (especially Lunch with Santa); the monthly Peacemaker Award for each grade; the way the school and community rally around someone in need; and just the way the principal and teachers go above and beyond for the students and families. A teacher even donated a kidney to another teacher. I m very impressed and my family and I are so happy here.

Posted February 18, 2014
As a previous student and a current parent of students in the school, I have to say that St. Albert's is a wonderful school. They offer many learning options for the children such as music, Spanish, Honors Math, and the Resource Room. I also feel they teach the children the importance of kindness, respect, and the Catholic faith. The parents, teachers, Mrs.Koons and Monsignor make this a wonderful environment for out children. Mrs. Koons and Monsignor definitely lead by example.

Posted February 04, 2014
As a parent of two children who go to St. Albert's, I proudly endorse this school. Mrs. Koons is the BEST Principal with whom we have had the pleasure to know and work. She has transformed our school into a top-rate learning institution and has incorporated the best practices of area schools. Students are provided with many opportunities to grow to their potential academically, physically, socially and spiritually. Parents and students, alike, are valued and respected. It is refreshing to encounter so many polite and happy students on a daily basis! We are so happy we chose to send our children to St. Alberts.

Posted January 26, 2014
Having 4 children, Saint Albert the Great has and always was the only choice for our family. We started there because it was the "parish" school. When we moved, the other choices we had were free, and ranked nationally, but we STILL chose St. Alberts because you just can't get the same kind of education anywhere else. Becoming a conscientious leader, using manners, living your faith all starts as a youngster that you carry with you as you enter adulthood. St. Alberts incorporates a multitude of resources to ensure all students achieve this and yet so much more. The school has a very involved Parents Association, highly successful CYO sport teams that everyone can play on, advanced courses, Learning Support, extracurricular activities, and a teaching staff that truly supports and cares about the students. My children's high school teachers have commented to me on numerous occasions that they can tell my children came from a Catholic grade school. My children, husband and I have made many friends from the school and parish that we associate with to this day. Going to St. Alberts is a lifelong commitment to friends, family and faith, & a "Great" place you can always call home.

Posted January 23, 2014
STAG is one of a kind. Going to this school is like being a part of one big family. I have loved this school and parish from the moment I became a part of it. The kindness of students, teachers and staff is amazing. STAG provides all the resources needed for the students to excel.

Posted January 22, 2014
As a member of this parish for eighteen years, I have witnessed kindness to our school children and a real caring for our parish community. This caring extends long after the children have finished the school day. My daughter is a graduate of St. Albert's and her experience there has prepared her for the world ahead.

Posted January 22, 2014
Great school. Great parish. The principal, Cindy Koons, is very tuned in to current trends in education. She makes it a priority to bring 21st century learning to the school. The atmosphere of the school is very welcoming and friendly. My children are very happy there. We are an actively involved family, and St. Albert the Great School/Parish is a home away from home. My children are receiving a solid education while learning to live their Catholic faith!

Posted January 21, 2014
I was a student at this school, and now my four children have attended. I am very pleased. My two older children, now in high school, are very successful both academically and socially. The fundamentals they have learned at St. Albert the Great will serve them through High School. College, and Beyond. No complaints here!!

St. Albert the Great School 4

Posted January 21, 2014
I really like our Principal, she sets the example for the teachers, kids and parents alike. The children are taught our Catholic faith not just through word but also deed. Love your neighbor as yourself ! Beyond the core subjects SATG offers many extra classes for example Art, Music,Latin, Spainish,Theater,Chess, Cartoon drawing and many more.There is something to peak the interest of every child. We're very happy!

Posted January 10, 2014
My family has been a part of St. Albert's for many years.This school has always been highly rated and has continued to maintain this status by having an updated curriculum, technology advances, and a highly qualified staff. First and foremost, though, is the teaching of the Catholic church and promoting the values of living everyday as the best person you can be! The principal and teachers are a group that is very dedicated, easily accessible, and know when to have fun! St. Albert's offers a Resource Room for those children that need additional help, an Honors Math Program, and many extra- curricular activities. Along with an excellent education, that prepared them for high school, my children as well as myself, have made lifelong friends. We consider St. Albert's a second home!

St. Albert the Great School
214 Welsh Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA  19006
Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Albert the Great School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top