Huntingdon Valley, PA

Posted January 13, 2015
Being new to the community of course we wanted the very best school for our children. Our very first visit to STAG was a visit that I always will remember. The Principal Mrs. Koons made us feel so welcomed and a part of the STAG family from the start. Walking the halls I could just feel the sense of school pride. Mrs. Koons listened to every question that we asked and answered in a way that made us feel that she was really listening. We new after our visit that STAG was for us. If Mrs. Koons could listen to us so intently, it had to be a sure sign on how she listens to her faculty staff, which in turn creates the environment we feel that we wanted for our children. An environment that will allow them to grow Spiritually, Academically, Socially and Physically. STAG incorporates many recourses that allow my children to achieve these goals. As a parent who volunteers I see first hand these resources and how the faculty staff executes these resources. I also get to see first hand how happy the children are. STAG is what we wanted for our children. We will continue to spread the word on how "GREAT" St. Albert the Great truly is. The Grannells

Posted January 12, 2015
I am a parent of a child in the pre-k at St. Albert the Great. I am also a teacher. I have been with the Archdiocese of Philadelphia for eleven years. As a parent, I am very impressed with the education the my son receives at SATG. The welcoming atmosphere partnered with the high level of professionalism makes each day of learning excellent for my son. He not only receives the core education classes, but also has Art, Spanish, Physical Education, Computer, Library and Gym. SATG offers an enriched education that makes my son want to come to school every day. The leadership and extra -curricular activities make this school not only inviting, but a fun place to learn. I am so happy that I chose to not only work at this school, but also to have my son educated here. -Jaclyn Rocks

Posted January 11, 2015
i have been Director of Student Services and Principal for a local school district. Presently, I serve as an educational consultant at St. ALberts. I am amazed by the services available to students with diversified needs. Students are assessed to determine their skill levels, accommodations and curricular modifications are made so students can progress at their level, and teachers are effective in dealing with their "affective" needs. The strong emphasis on instructional differentiation and positive behavior support create an impressive learning environment. The administrative leadership at St. ALberts is key to this success. Innovative ideas, willingness to try different approaches, inclusion of staff in decision making, and staff development are important to the school Principal. it is a pleasure to be part of this "child centered" environment.

Posted January 10, 2015
St. Albert the Great School constantly changes in response to the needs of our families. We have an excellent Learning Resource Room led by a Special Ed Teacher with a Reading Specialist Certificate. There are 5 teacher aides who are retired certified teachers who work with small groups of children. We just started a Social Thinking Skills Program called SUPERFLEX in grades K - 3. The children learn about expected and unexpected behaviors. They become Social Detectives as they learn about Mean Jean, who cannot keep friends because she speaks and acts mean; or Rock Brain, who cannot move on from one thought in his head. The students learn strategies to help themselves and others when they morph into these characters. We are building a new playground that will be ready in the spring . Our Parents' Assn. is wonderful as they raise funds and offer so many fun events- such as Family Bingo and Lunch with Santa. Our school is a family---we all take care of each other. Our principal provides tours during the school day so you can see our school in action-- the best way to judge a school.

Posted June 18, 2014
We are finishing our first year at St. Albert, and have had such a great year. I can t say enough good things about the school and the parish community. We were welcomed immediately as a new family by the principal, Monsignor, and our Ambassador family, so my kids knew a friend and familiar faces on their first day. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The students are well-mannered, conscientious, and respectful. The education is consistent and solid. There are plenty of extracurricular activities and CYO sports; it seems like every kid is able to find his or her niche. It seemed like every week I was impressed by something new at this school: the way Monsignor knows every student s name; how the school teaches students to practice kindness in a tangible way; a fun event from the active Parents Association (especially Lunch with Santa); the monthly Peacemaker Award for each grade; the way the school and community rally around someone in need; and just the way the principal and teachers go above and beyond for the students and families. A teacher even donated a kidney to another teacher. I m very impressed and my family and I are so happy here.

Posted February 18, 2014
As a previous student and a current parent of students in the school, I have to say that St. Albert's is a wonderful school. They offer many learning options for the children such as music, Spanish, Honors Math, and the Resource Room. I also feel they teach the children the importance of kindness, respect, and the Catholic faith. The parents, teachers, Mrs.Koons and Monsignor make this a wonderful environment for out children. Mrs. Koons and Monsignor definitely lead by example.

Posted February 04, 2014
As a parent of two children who go to St. Albert's, I proudly endorse this school. Mrs. Koons is the BEST Principal with whom we have had the pleasure to know and work. She has transformed our school into a top-rate learning institution and has incorporated the best practices of area schools. Students are provided with many opportunities to grow to their potential academically, physically, socially and spiritually. Parents and students, alike, are valued and respected. It is refreshing to encounter so many polite and happy students on a daily basis! We are so happy we chose to send our children to St. Alberts.

Posted January 26, 2014
Having 4 children, Saint Albert the Great has and always was the only choice for our family. We started there because it was the "parish" school. When we moved, the other choices we had were free, and ranked nationally, but we STILL chose St. Alberts because you just can't get the same kind of education anywhere else. Becoming a conscientious leader, using manners, living your faith all starts as a youngster that you carry with you as you enter adulthood. St. Alberts incorporates a multitude of resources to ensure all students achieve this and yet so much more. The school has a very involved Parents Association, highly successful CYO sport teams that everyone can play on, advanced courses, Learning Support, extracurricular activities, and a teaching staff that truly supports and cares about the students. My children's high school teachers have commented to me on numerous occasions that they can tell my children came from a Catholic grade school. My children, husband and I have made many friends from the school and parish that we associate with to this day. Going to St. Alberts is a lifelong commitment to friends, family and faith, & a "Great" place you can always call home.

Posted January 23, 2014
STAG is one of a kind. Going to this school is like being a part of one big family. I have loved this school and parish from the moment I became a part of it. The kindness of students, teachers and staff is amazing. STAG provides all the resources needed for the students to excel.

Posted January 22, 2014
As a member of this parish for eighteen years, I have witnessed kindness to our school children and a real caring for our parish community. This caring extends long after the children have finished the school day. My daughter is a graduate of St. Albert's and her experience there has prepared her for the world ahead.

St. Albert the Great School
214 Welsh Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA  19006
Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Albert the Great School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top