Bad
Good

Rydal East School 1

Posted April 30, 2015
All school officials in the Boston Marathon School Absence scandal shall be fired. The people have spoken.

Posted September 17, 2013
I'm sending my son to Rydal Elementary next year... entering 1st grade. As to all public schools...the only thing that i'm concerned about is the highly test oriented way of instructions.... I'm hoping that this will change...b/c education shoudn't be "ALL about test scores"

Posted June 24, 2013
We've had a very positive experience at Rydal. The teachers genuinely care about the students, communicate well with parents, and respond appropriately to questions and concerns. Academics are strong, so much so that my previously high-achieving kids needed some time to get caught up after transferring from another district. The facilities are bright and well maintained, and our family enjoyed extracurriculars including string orchestra, Odyssey of the Mind, drama club, chorus, and Reading Olympics. If I have one complaint, it's the highly test-oriented nature of instruction, but unfortunately, I think you'll find that in most if not all public schools today. No school can be perfect for every type of learner, but my kids have very different skill sets and personalities, and all of them are thriving here.

Posted May 17, 2010
I really loved Rydal... until this year. I have one child who is gifted and I felt there was very little support for him, particularly from his classroom teacher. The gifted program is a "pull out" program so the children miss the regular classes while they are in the gifted classes. My child's teacher did a horrible job helping my child transition back into the class, so class work was missed and grades slipped, particularly in the beginning. Our experience has made us question whether Rydal is the right school for him (or if this was just a bad year). My other child has excelled however, and I will send my youngest there when its time.

Posted April 21, 2010
Good teachers,good education,great curriculm

Posted December 01, 2009
***** Rydal gets 5 stars. A great place for our children to get educated! We love it here.

Posted June 27, 2009
Rydal elementary touches on the basics,but I was disappointed in the facility and the lack of learning materials in the classrooms compared to other neighboring districts.The school seems to be in a time warp.I wish I would have looked around at the schools before I purchased my home.

Posted November 01, 2007
There is no better place to be a student than Rydal Elementary. Fine teachers, a safe, enriching environment and many resources to meet every child's needs. An active and friendly PTO are always available to help out. One of the best schools I've found!

Posted November 01, 2006
I've never seen a finer elementary school than Rydal. They offer resources for the children in need as well as interesting challenges for those that need them. Lots of extra-curriculars, a great arts program, friendly staff and a dedicated PTO that meets all the needs of the children. The children who leave Rydal go on to be the top students in high school and college due to this outstanding start.

Posted November 10, 2004
This is a really good elementary school. The majority of teachers go out of their way to meet inidivual needs and provide a high quality of education,and the class size is small, 18-23. There are a few 'clunkers', but they are probably unavoidable in most schools. Parents are very involved in making this school a supportive learning environment. The drawbacks come from the district itself, which has placed quite a bit of emphasis on PSSA results at the expense of more creative learning. Also, if your child has gifted needs, you may have to advocate for them; you will eventually get the support your child deserves, but may not be helped along the way by the district 'professionals', who seem to want to label many children as 'average'. If you can afford it, test your child privately; the district must accept the results of a qualified professional.

1160 Huntingdon Pk, Huntingdon Valley, PA  19006
Last modified Rydal East School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.