Bad
Good

I could not be happier with this school. The teachers and principal are engaged with the students and their parents. Any concern I have ever had has been addressed promptly and thoroughly. My daughter is receiving supplemental educational support/opportunities based on the recommendations of her teachers. I have experienced first hand how invested the teachers are in making sure the students receive the best educational experience they can provide. JES is big on tradition, values, and community. Its a very well rounded experience outside of the classroom. Inclusiveness, respect and service are not only encouraged but practiced. The bottom line is my daughter loves going to school each and every day. She is encouraged and valued there. She has grown as a student and a citizen and I would recommend this school district to anyone. The buildings may not be brand new but the experience for my daughter has been beyond compare.

I am very disappointed to report that while in the past jenkinotwn prized itself on being a small school with class size rivaling private schools this is no longer true, Due to a lack of adequate budget class sizes are 23 and up. Not exactly what is expected. The administration loves to cite research that 23 is the maximum and that thre really is nt any difference. Interesting considering the school previously boasted and most of it s reputation surrounds small class size. I also can not beleive that the parents are not outraged. The classrooms are old and not designed to hold that many students. I do not care that City schools have 30 . Just one more reason I do not live in Philadelphia. I want my children to be in a small class. jenkinotwn really does not have much to offer other than that.

Excellent school. Huge Parental involvement. This is the way all schools should be

My five children have all attended or are attending JES and JHS. The teachers are dedicated and concerned, the new principal is responsive and flexible. Our college students have excelled. We have had woonderful experiences.

JES has been a wonderful experience for all four of my children. The teachers are caring and more than qualified. I have been extremely happy with our experience, and, more importantly, my children (some out of elementary school now), riding on their early foundations, still all love school and learning. The addition of the new principal and renovations to the buildings are just the icing on the cake.

The new principal is a fantastic addition to a small private school feeling school. The teachers all work together to tailor the learning experience to the student. More extracurriculars would be a plus, but... We are happy to trade the small size for sports.

Last modified Jenkintown El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.