PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Abington Friends School provides a solid values based education. In the Quaker tradition social justice and honesty are core values that pervade every aspect of life at the school.

Both of our children have been at Abington Friends School since the start of Kindergarten. We chose AFS for the nurturing environment and values based education. We have stayed at AFS through Upper School for the academic rigor, the passionate, innovative educators and the focus on fostering creative and independent thinkers with a life long love of learning,

My child has been at AFS since 4th grade and we have found there, not just a school, but a community of thinkers. The diversity of interests and talents of faculty and staff is used to teach and inspire the students to explore new areas of learning. The faculty takes the time to know each student on an individual level and there are many ways for parents to be involved in the school community as well. We feel that not only does our child learn there, but we do too.

We couldn't be happier with Abington Friends School. Our two children are very different, and they are both thriving. They are intellectually stimulated and have developed great friendships with peers. They will be well be prepared for college and beyond. Combine robust academic, arts and athletic programs, a supportive and talented staff with a diverse student body, and you get AFS.

Abington Friends is a great educational institution that addresses the whole child, in a nurturing manner. The school environment is safe, clean and well constructed to meet the students' needs. As an educator, I conducted intense research to find the best school for my child. AFS scored the highest on my personal ratings chart and has proven to be to my child and our family. I recommend a visit and sincere consideration for everyone with children who flourish better in a small, loving, modern educational environment that provides optimal level instruction in all grades.

We hesitated about making the switch from our highly ranked public school to AFS. Three years later, there's no question we made the right choice. The academics are outstanding - much better than we ever experienced in public school. You can tell that the teachers here are really invested in helping each student challenge themselves academically and personally. If you are looking for an outstanding school that provides great academics with a care for your child's personal growth and development, AFS is the place for you.

This school has lost touch with the community. students and parents. School has been on years of steady decline and it continues. No accountable allows for costly mistakes and it shows. I was once told "I don't care what the parents say" when explaining what a mother told me. Besides other issues I witnessed and words I heard used makes me understand fully why this school is struggling.

Abington Friends School is an amazing school with amazing teachers and students. Everyday I go into school excited, and can't wait for long breaks to end to get back to school. I feel like I can tell my teachers anything, and I feel excepted and like I can express how I feel to my peers and students. Everyone in faculty are open to discussion about everything, whether it's school-related or not, making the connection between student and teacher much stronger. I will admit, it's not hard to see when some of the wealthier students are getting special treatment, but that rarely happens, and there is a wide variety of people of different races, social class, age, size, etc. Overall, I'd highly suggest this school to anyone. The moment you go through the door you can tell that it's different. I love only have 80 kids in my class (and being the biggest grade in the school), and calling my teachers by their first name, and I never want to leave.

During my son's years at AFS, he seemed annoyed by the treatment of the young athletes, he felt that the teachers there sometimes picked on the varsity athletes for obvious reasons. Over the 4 years he was there, I found the school to be very tolerate and fair to all the students I observed. But it is now after my son has graduated that I have come appreciated this school and love it for what it provided my son, he misses this school everyday dearly and the memories will last a lifetime. I now am a major advocate for Abington Friends.

Abington Friends was mired in favoritism towards the wealthier students. Students receiving financial aid were treated harsher when brought up on disciplinary charges. Sometimes students are given two periods of study hall a day. Not good for teenagers to have that much free time, especially an hour and a half a day in school! The "learn at your own pace" directive leaves many students back or unmotivated. When you attend AFS, you pay for the title on your transcript, not for a lifelong education. Socialites welcome, everyone else should avoid. Does not practice Quaker values either. The only course on Quakerism only spent about a week on the subject. Caveat emptor!

Last modified Abington Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12