PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 17, 2016
Students feel a strong sense of respect for their teachers. The teachers are called by their first names (in the spirit of creating a collaborative environment) which creates at atmosphere of mutual respect. I am always amazed when I host a large group of students at my home or volunteer at the school how polite and grateful the kids are.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 17, 2016
The Diversity and Inclusion program at Abington Friends is excellent. AFS is a leader in creating a culture of acceptance and compassion.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 17, 2016
Abington Friends School provides a solid values based education. In the Quaker tradition social justice and honesty are core values that pervade every aspect of life at the school.

Posted July 17, 2016
Both of our children have been at Abington Friends School since the start of Kindergarten. We chose AFS for the nurturing environment and values based education. We have stayed at AFS through Upper School for the academic rigor, the passionate, innovative educators and the focus on fostering creative and independent thinkers with a life long love of learning,

Posted July 15, 2016
My child has been at AFS since 4th grade and we have found there, not just a school, but a community of thinkers. The diversity of interests and talents of faculty and staff is used to teach and inspire the students to explore new areas of learning. The faculty takes the time to know each student on an individual level and there are many ways for parents to be involved in the school community as well. We feel that not only does our child learn there, but we do too.

Posted July 04, 2016
We couldn't be happier with Abington Friends School. Our two children are very different, and they are both thriving. They are intellectually stimulated and have developed great friendships with peers. They will be well be prepared for college and beyond. Combine robust academic, arts and athletic programs, a supportive and talented staff with a diverse student body, and you get AFS.

Posted July 01, 2016
Abington Friends is a great educational institution that addresses the whole child, in a nurturing manner. The school environment is safe, clean and well constructed to meet the students' needs. As an educator, I conducted intense research to find the best school for my child. AFS scored the highest on my personal ratings chart and has proven to be to my child and our family. I recommend a visit and sincere consideration for everyone with children who flourish better in a small, loving, modern educational environment that provides optimal level instruction in all grades.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 01, 2016
The activities and various events conducted throughout the year naturally teaches the students about compassion for their community.

Posted May 09, 2016
We hesitated about making the switch from our highly ranked public school to AFS. Three years later, there's no question we made the right choice. The academics are outstanding - much better than we ever experienced in public school. You can tell that the teachers here are really invested in helping each student challenge themselves academically and personally. If you are looking for an outstanding school that provides great academics with a care for your child's personal growth and development, AFS is the place for you.

Abington Friends School 1

Posted November 09, 2014
This school has lost touch with the community. students and parents. School has been on years of steady decline and it continues. No accountable allows for costly mistakes and it shows. I was once told "I don't care what the parents say" when explaining what a mother told me. Besides other issues I witnessed and words I heard used makes me understand fully why this school is struggling.

575 Washington Lane, Jenkintown, PA  19046
Last modified Abington Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12