PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Disagree

My initial interactions with the director were good and my initial meeting about problems in the infant room was met seriously, but I really felt that there should have been more follow-up and transparency in the process. A few of my emails went completely unanswered.

I had two children in this school last year. The older toddler room was great, teachers were kind and engaged and my child thrived in that environment. Unfortunately, that declined when he moved to the next class up. My younger son's situation was awful. At 16 months he was placed in the infant room. The room was tiny and mostly cluttered with equipment (high chairs, exersaucers, swings, etc.). There is no other space within the school for free play in inclement weather, so he was stuck with minimal floor space (maybe 12'x3') in a very small space for months. During our initial tour, we had gotten the impression that if it seemed that he was in the wrong class at first, he would be moved. It turned out that he was there until he was 21 months old - well past the infant stage. I was also extremely disappointed in the teachers in that room as well. I had to speak to the school's director because the teachers argued against reading to the children and told me that they did not do creative work because the children would eat the crayons. There was no table within the room where younger toddlers could learn to sit and color or eat or do other projects. In addition to the problems in the infant room, transitions between classrooms were very poorly managed with no information distributed ahead of time about which classes children were assigned to, where they met, new drop off procedures, etc. Staff members were not familiar with the few procedures that were laid out in the parent handbook, so there was added confusion because of that. When changes were made in procedures, parents were not told ahead of time. Except in the one older toddler room, my kids were stifled and uncomfortable. I started looking for new childcare within two months of my kids starting there.

I would really like to thank Meadowlane for everything they taught in their classrooms. Nancy runs the school and she is the most professional and caring person. She is truly there for all of the children and teachers! I will never forget what a wonderful experience my daughter had there for kindergarten and summer camp!! The whole staff really goes above and beyond their jobs as teachers. When you take your little one there for school you know that they are in the best of hands! I will always have great memories of my daughter attending that school for the rest of my life! My daughter Madison misses all the teachers at Meadowlane and so do I! She is in second grade now and still talks about how much she liked Meadowlane. She has had excellent report cards for 1st & 2nd grade in all subjects! Thanks Meadowlane!!!

Had 2 children go there and they are both thriving in Elementary I think largely due to preparation at Meadowlane

My daughter is in the Toddler 1 class and I love it! Her teachers are great and they made the transition from home to school a great experience. The lessons are great and my daughter has developed tremendously in less than a year.

Last modified Meadowlane Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-K