Kennett Square, PA

St Patrick School 1

Posted October 21, 2011
Mediocre at best. The current 6th and particularly 8th grade teachers are very poor. The facilities, as already mentioned, are horrific. They claim to have plans to improve which results in a 10% + annual tuition increase! There are many better alternatives [public and private] in this area.

Posted August 17, 2011
St. Patrick School is a wonderful, faith based school with caring and dedicated teachers. I currently have two children enrolled and one who has graduated. St. Pat's does lack some of the amenities of the area public school (i.e. gym, cafeteria), but more than makes up for it with outstanding academics -- well above and beyond any of the other schools in the area. Besides, I send my children to school to learn, not play in a gym! Case in point -- a friend of mine whose child will be a senior in the area high school asked if we had any of the summer reading books that were on the 12th grade reading list for the high school. We happened to have three of the books because my child read those same books in 5th grade (yes 5th grade!) at St. Pat's. I wouldn't send me children anywhere else!

St Patrick School 1

Posted June 11, 2011
Don't waste your money or your time here. There is no gymnasium,only a small basement under the church for gym. No a/c in the classrooms, only a fan, so it gets hot.The principal's office does of course have full a/c! No proper play yard, only a parking area attached to an alley. There is a small grass area next to that. Most everything there is lacking. As for the classroom experience...... Academics...follows what the diocese prescribes which I found poor. Some things taught as if new had already been seen at prior school in prior years. Interaction with faculty not very good. Overall experience.....miserable.

St Patrick School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
Love this school. It is religious based first and foremost. The academics are wonderful and accommodating to different learning styles. I have three children there with different skills and styles. St Patrick's is like a family. Only downfall is the diminishing student population in middle school.

Posted October 29, 2007
Excellent school. Academics are outstanding. Very challenging -- my children are learning at least one grade ahead of their counterparts in the area public and charter schools. A Catholic, family-based school, the students learn respect, morals, and values. You can feel the warmth of St. Patrick's School as soon as you walk through the doors. Highly recommend!!

Posted December 26, 2005
I have two children in St. Pat's. I absolutely love this school and would recommend it highly. Not only are the academics top notch, but the school also teaches discipline and values (something you would not learn in other schools).

Posted August 30, 2004
Wonderful School. The school Principal, Mrs. Mecca is truly dedicated and an inspiration to all the students and faculty as well. I have two children currently enrolled. They are in grade five and grade two and are learning well above the average level. I Highly recommend this school!

St Patrick School