Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 26, 2016
Mrs. Jowett....I don't remember my children talking more about a teacher than Mrs. Jowett. They seem to bring her up every day and think highly of her! That works for me!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted April 26, 2016
Some teachers are stronger than others. Some are challenging and some are not as much. But, my children really like all of their teachers!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted April 26, 2016
My children are pretty smart and get good grades. I actually think they should have more homework. BUT, the teachers really do challenge them...just more IN the classroom than OUT!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted April 26, 2016
The students are held accountable for their grades and their actions. Honestly, if this topic gets a low rating it's because a student or parent added it when the "going got tough"!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 26, 2016
The students are committed to each other and they "police" themselves. My children are treated better at UMHS than they were in a small, private school.

Upper Merion High School 5

Posted April 26, 2016
My children love Upper Merion High School. They are in 10th grade and came from a small private school. I wish I made the move in Middle School. There is SO much more offered with classes, clubs, and sports. They are thriving!

Upper Merion High School 1

Posted December 29, 2015
As a former student of color at this school, I had a terrible time. The academics are subpar compared to high schools with similar demographics. The faculty/teachers/students are all from similar ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds which causes a problem for people who are different. After moving out of state to a top performing public school, I realized how much upper merion is lacking. There is no diversity and a false sense of intellect here. Look elsewhere for students of color/intellects.

Upper Merion High School 4

Posted June 19, 2013
Very happy with Upper Merion High School. My sons graduated in the top 30%. Recently visited the HS & when asked by a former teacher how college compared to HS, their response - it wasn't the classes that were the challenge, but the amount of work outside the classroom to prepare for their classes and tests that presented the biggest challenge. Their AP classes helped them rise up to that challenge and put in the work needed in order to succeed. Had an excellent freshman year at American University.

Upper Merion High School 1

Posted March 06, 2013
so disappointed in UM schools! , My Daughter graduated top 10% from U.M and had all AP classes. She told me how unprepared she was in her freshmen year at Temple. The guidance counselors are useless and don't know or care about our children at all. I have a second graded now and he is not going to any of the um schools. What a shame!

Upper Merion High School 4

Posted September 08, 2011
First of all, the laptop lawsuit was not Upper Merion, but Lower Merion. Secondly, as a graduate of Upper Merion and a current college student, I only realized how lucky I was to have gone to UM after I left. It is a great district and the majority of the teachers are dedicated and knowledgable. Yes, the college counselors could have been more helpful, but students need to take initiative on their own, and in my opinion to criticize the district for students not going to Ivy League schools is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that more than one student in the top of my class are now at Ivy League schools. My perspective may be skewed since I took all honors//AP classes, but compared to many of my current peers at college, I feel I am much more well prepared in many academic areas than they are, and I have Upper Merion to thank for that.

440 Crossfield Rd, King Of Prussia, PA  19406
Last modified Upper Merion High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.