8,500 students|Agora Cyber Cs

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted January 11, 2016
This school is HORRIBLE. The work is confusing and the teachers can't help as much as they would be able to in our old tranditional school. I know they want to help, but it's nearly impossible for them to do it effectively. My child lost half a year of instruction because there were always so many tech issues. Going back to a regular school.

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 02, 2015
I want to thank my friends for always having my back,and supporting me,no matter what happens,i just couldent thank them enough

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 02, 2015
I feel like the teachers are abusing there power because they think there better then us students

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 02, 2015
It good,not to much work,but its good,and i get the rest of the day,to enjoy,and live my life

Agora Cyber Charter School 3

Posted September 17, 2015
My son went to Agora Cyber for years. I am a person that struggles to get by so am very appreciative of the internet reimbursement. However, my sons last year at Agora I had problems getting my reimbursement. They had claimed that I did not submit "proper" paperwork. I did submit my paperwork, properly as I always have. I had written an inquired many times. I never did see it. So I left to a school that does give reimbursement's. Hopefully without the hassle that I had received. I hate having a fit over this small amount of money but the reality of it is, while I am raising my child, I am working a whole lot less and bringing home not much to live on. Since I do indeed pay out the money for internet, I was counting on that reimbursement. I was rather worked up about this since I did indeed do my part of the deal. Someone told me to report them to the Dept of Education. I don';t know what good that will do, but I indeed have the thoughts. I do still have the paperwork of proof of my internet expenses. I think this situation became messed up the way many do with Agora. They are unorganized in their faculty and what they are doing. I have seen signs of this many times over. The right hand don't know what the left hand is doing. It took me loosing money to say the heck with it and move on. My son is now in Connections Academy. It seems to be a better layout and less complicated then what Agora had for a website. I appreciate that.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 11, 2015
Because of the huge changes that have happened, I cannot tell how it is going to go.

Posted September 11, 2015
My son was a 3rd grade student at Agora last year when it was still partnered with K12 and the experience was very good. This year, it is now 3 days into the 4th grade school year and he has yet to be able to attend one class because of technical difficulties - on their end, not ours. The new system is totally different and very confusing; the teachers don't seem to be able to explain it very well. We are still unsure who his teachers are or how to access his work. Even after sending emails, attending orientation sessions and asking questions for 3 days, we are still unable to figure it out. It should not be this hard. Worse, I think my son is being counted absent for these days, even though he has no listed classes. The one class he did have listed yesterday, we were unable to enter. It was just a blank screen, no many how many times we tried. We are giving it a week (2 more days) and if things do not smooth out, we are finding a different school. Our son did so well here last year. This is a very large disappointment.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 04, 2015
I don't feel that this school develops honesty, integrity, or fairness in its students because of the fact that the teachers in the online classes never enforce rules, and they allow kids to hand in assignments that are weeks overdue. This teaches laziness and dishonesty in students, and doesn't at all prepare them to be honest, respectable people.It also teaches students that it's okay to not follow rules, and that rules really don't matter.

Posted September 04, 2015
I did Agora for 3 years from 6-8th grade, and it was very bad. The teachers never enforced the rules, kids were allowed to hand in assignments a marking period after it was due and the teachers didn't care, and kids were always allowed to private chat (which isn't allowed, according to the class rules) and come to class 30+ minutes late. There was hardly any participation in the online classes because of how poorly the teachers reinforced the rules. Another negative aspect about Agora is that in my three years of being there, I only had one teacher who properly taught all of the materials and made sure you knew what you were doing for homework and understood it. Overall, the teachers are very unprofessional, a majority of the students don't participate, and rules don't seem to matter. If you are looking for a good, trustworthy cyber charter school, then I would highly suggest PA Cyber. But please, don't join Agora Cyber Charter School. It will only make your child more frustrated and confused with their schoolwork!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 09, 2015
Poor communication and no support from teachers and administration. I would never recommend then to anyone.

590 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA  19406
Last modified Agora Cyber Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Agora Cyber Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top