Kingston, PA

Third Avenue El School 0

Posted September 30, 2008
The principal, secretary, teachers, lunch aides and crossing guard are very kind and engaging. There is a sense of adult ownership across all levels with the children they service. My child tells me all the time how his teacher have a way to claim down a class and get them Focus on Excellence in Learning . He also tells me that his teacher makes the class laugh a lot. See, as a parent, statements like coming from my child makes me proud of Third Avenue School. I believe they encourage not only cognitive learning but social and emotional learning as well. I know my child is being challenged by the homework he brings home. I enjoy listening to his analytical thought patterns when trying to determine the right answer to a question (in elementary school). Wow. Kudos to all support staff and teachers at 3rd Avenue. Keep up the good work. My only concern is the lack of parent involvement. I think the school would thrive better if they had more support in activities, field trips, etc. Maybe this is an area of working parents and they are unable to give time during the day. Anyway, maybe that will get better over time. Proud Parent of a 5th Grader

Third Avenue El School 4

Posted March 20, 2006

Third Avenue El School 5

Posted February 06, 2006

Third Avenue El School 2

Posted February 04, 2005
It's sad to say that in 2005 the teachers still do not seem to be going the distance for the children. There are no field trips for the students and no monthly enrichment programs. The teachers at Third Ave. seem to teach at a different level compated to the other elementary schools. The PTO does not push the distance for activities for the children as do other elementary schools within the district. I am very disappointed in this school-for such a small enrollment you would think that the teacher involvement with the students would be greater and there would be more activities for the students. There are also only 18 computers for the students to use--we pay for the teacher's salaries and what we are getting from this school is very poor.

Third Avenue El School 0

Posted December 10, 2003
The teachers here will do their job. But will not go the extra distance for the children. They seem to have a one size fits all mentality for all students. Not the best school.

Third Avenue El School
Rear Third Ave and Davis St, Kingston, PA  18704
Last modified Third Avenue El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Third Avenue El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top