PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Wyoming Valley Montessori School 3

Posted November 27, 2015
A peaceful, positive environment for children whose temperaments and family support ensure they already embody the values the school aims to teach. Unfortunately, not all children fit this ideal, and those children who do not will not likely receive the same amount of warmth or attention. This school educates children at a critical time in their development, yet despite the tuition, there a number of staff members who are uneducated about early childhood issues; there is little accountability ; and there are no procedures in place -- and little professionalism -- when a child's needs exceed that of a small, parent-driven school. That said, the great parent community can enhance the entire family's experience, and any bright, self-motivated child will likely have more opportunities to reach his or her academic potential here than at another local pre-school or elementary school.

Posted August 13, 2014
The school and staff is extraordinary. The environment and methodology used is truly unique and helps a child become independent and thrive while learning to love learning!

Posted June 24, 2014
I enrolled my daughter in to Wyoming Valley Montessori School in Kingston after touring several other schools in the valley. Nothing (not even Hildebrandt) compared to the curriculum, quality of teachers and the individualized care for each student. This particular Montessori school has a very close and unique family atmosphere between the staff and parents. There are countless extracurricular actives scheduled at no or little cost to the parents, which I find a rarity in the public school system. I have witnessed first hand students having issues and the teachers going above and beyond to help the children while guide the parents in helping the children at home. This isn't just a school, it is also a valuable resource for parenting. I plan on keeping my children in this school for all grades available and I recommend this school to everyone I know.

Posted June 21, 2014
My child has attended this school for a lengthy period of time and is recieving an excellent education. He is doing well, excelling on standardized tests and being challenged daily. Montessori is an incredible method of learning and parents who don't understand it should be better informed before commenting negatively. Your child will be left alone to accomplish works set up before him/her. part of this method is to teach independence. This method is not for everyone.

Posted June 19, 2014
I cannot say enough about Montessori! I have two children at the school and could not think of a better environment for them to shine! The love and attention they receive from the teachers and staff is truly amazing. They look forward to school and are so excited to tell us about their day! I highly recommend Montessori!

Posted June 19, 2014
I have two children, one in elementary and one enrolled in the primary program at WVMS. I could not be happier with the level of education they're receiving. The teachers and assistants do a great job teaching the children how to be independent, calm learners in a peaceful environment. My children are excelling socially and are confident learners because of the way the montessori methods are implemented at WVMS. If you are looking for a private school or a place to send your 18 month and up in Northeast PA, there really isn't a better choice.

Posted June 19, 2014
My oldest daughter started at WVMS as soon as we moved to this area; this school, the teachers, staff and other families have since become our extended family. I now have children enrolled in three of the four levels (toddler, primary and lower elementary) and have been at the school for 4 years;I can not say enough about not only the education, but the environment in general. Montessori is a place where students not only learn to read and write, they learn how to be citizens. They learn to respect themselves, each other and their community. They learn self respect and independence through individual works, to work as part of a team in group works, to respect and give back to the community through service projects. The teachers are loving and caring in such a way that my children miss them over the summer. I love this school, love the community it creates and my children couldn't be happier; they look forward to school every day!

Posted June 19, 2014
We enrolled our first son at 18 months. I was against the move because I felt he was to young. I have never been happier to be proven wrong! We now have one child in the Pre-K program and one in the toddler program. The class sizes allow a lot of one on one time. With two children in the school, we have had the opportunity to interact with many of the teachers and have found them all to be extremely dedicated to their profession. We are greeted each and every morning, rain or shine, by the schools head master who knows EVERY student by name. The school is like a big family and it is always apparent during the school programs and social events. We have developed some fantastic friendships that will last a lifetime. It is amazing to watch our two year old sitting quietly at the lunch table with a dozen other two year olds, pouring their own drinks and acting like little adults. Or our five year old reading and writing at a 1st grade level. The school does a great job teaching the children that while we may be different in color, religion or ethnic background, we all must respect each other. I tell everyone I know what a great choice Montessori was.

Wyoming Valley Montessori School 1

Posted June 02, 2014
I would not recommend at all to family of color. I am speechless or have too much to say on how my child was treated. They are all about money raising. I really feel responsible for this review since lot of people are new to the area and dont know after the fact. If your child is perfect in all the ways, this may be the school but if you child have anything little bit different than normal...run away from thsi place. They will ignore your child 150 percent like mine. I am not disappointed but hurt. negative start from me. Please do your kids a favor find better school where are treated with respect

Posted May 16, 2013
Wyoming Valley Montessori School is a wonderful place for children to learn. My 2 children are thrilled to go to school everyday. They are learning so much in depth information on every topic imaginable. Their teachers are wonderful. The school environment teaches the children to be very respectful of their teachers and one another.

Wyoming Valley Montessori School
851 Market Street, Kingston, PA  18704
Last modified Wyoming Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6