PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Accountability for doing their work and builds pride in their work,

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

It takes a village and they are very much a part of my village.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is sent home Tuesday and it is able to be finished by the following Monday.

I am a parent who was faced with sending our child to a failing school district or look to a private option. We love the diversity of the student body and how everyones culture is appreciated and freely shared. I do find the tuition difficult based on our income but I feel it is worth the struggle when I see how our daughter flurishes there.

A peaceful, positive environment for children whose temperaments and family support ensure they already embody the values the school aims to teach. Unfortunately, not all children fit this ideal, and those children who do not will not likely receive the same amount of warmth or attention. This school educates children at a critical time in their development, yet despite the tuition, there a number of staff members who are uneducated about early childhood issues; there is little accountability ; and there are no procedures in place -- and little professionalism -- when a child's needs exceed that of a small, parent-driven school. That said, the great parent community can enhance the entire family's experience, and any bright, self-motivated child will likely have more opportunities to reach his or her academic potential here than at another local pre-school or elementary school.

The school and staff is extraordinary. The environment and methodology used is truly unique and helps a child become independent and thrive while learning to love learning!

I enrolled my daughter in to Wyoming Valley Montessori School in Kingston after touring several other schools in the valley. Nothing (not even Hildebrandt) compared to the curriculum, quality of teachers and the individualized care for each student. This particular Montessori school has a very close and unique family atmosphere between the staff and parents. There are countless extracurricular actives scheduled at no or little cost to the parents, which I find a rarity in the public school system. I have witnessed first hand students having issues and the teachers going above and beyond to help the children while guide the parents in helping the children at home. This isn't just a school, it is also a valuable resource for parenting. I plan on keeping my children in this school for all grades available and I recommend this school to everyone I know.

My child has attended this school for a lengthy period of time and is recieving an excellent education. He is doing well, excelling on standardized tests and being challenged daily. Montessori is an incredible method of learning and parents who don't understand it should be better informed before commenting negatively. Your child will be left alone to accomplish works set up before him/her. part of this method is to teach independence. This method is not for everyone.

I cannot say enough about Montessori! I have two children at the school and could not think of a better environment for them to shine! The love and attention they receive from the teachers and staff is truly amazing. They look forward to school and are so excited to tell us about their day! I highly recommend Montessori!

I have two children, one in elementary and one enrolled in the primary program at WVMS. I could not be happier with the level of education they're receiving. The teachers and assistants do a great job teaching the children how to be independent, calm learners in a peaceful environment. My children are excelling socially and are confident learners because of the way the montessori methods are implemented at WVMS. If you are looking for a private school or a place to send your 18 month and up in Northeast PA, there really isn't a better choice.

Last modified Wyoming Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6