Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

There are so many reasons why KAHS sucks, but no one has time to read or do anything about the issues with the school so I'll just shortly sum it up. The educational system is extremely flawed, which everyone knows is not just at Kutztown. Same thing with bullying. The school is too small, decaying & I'm willing to bet still invested with mold/bugs. There are a few teachers who actually do care about the students however, like the student board, principle(s) & counselors do not listen to the needs of the students instead they are all treated the same except for the "popular" crowd who get special treatment from time to time. On to laptops...I do think that the program was a good idea from the beginning even with the restrictions, but now that technology/"social" media has taken over maybe they're more trouble & I know it's not just the laptops but also cellphones that take the students' attention away.

Honestly, I think Kutztown is a relatively below average school. Not only do they say they have a "strong" bullying program (they really don't), but students with disabilities and who don't "fit in" have a hard time making friends and getting along with the "popular" kids. The only good thing about Kutztown is the laptop program, but then again its very annoying to deal with two types of assignments at once (paper and electronic). Countless times my grades have slipped due to an unexpected online assignment or failure of the electronic submission system. That brings me to how the teachers don't often announce their assignments. I'm constantly e-mailing them since the calendars on our class Moodle pages (where teachers put their assignments) often don't work (another reason my grades slip). I don't recommend Kutztown to students looking for a nice, worry-free school because of these reasons, not to mention the little details like an old, run-down building, no air conditioning in parts of the school, and the rather unhealthy and overpriced lunches. Of course, there are good things about every school, such as Kutztown's good academic program, but overall I don't recommend this school.

I am a current freshman, and I must say, I love this high school. The enrollment is small, but that is to our advantage with academics and activities. The laptops are a useful tool, and the teachers are helpful. We are proud of our music program, the building is run down, but we thrive within. I'm proud to say this is why school, and I wouldn't want to attend any other.

Spanish teacher..... I wont name any names,(sarcasim) but the fact is that we have teachers that are extremely frustrated teaching what they're teaching and taking it out on students. After speaking with one of the teachers it was very clear to me that we have an very immature lady (spanish teacher) i wont name any names, I am very glad that my daughter will never have to sit in her class again. this lady has marked a higher grade than my daughter should have received on her report card (in her mind) just to not have to face her parents due to all the immaturity she has encountered with my daughter over the years. And how I know this is because she flat out said it directly to me. I feel bad for the students she will have to be teaching until her final years. This year my daughter has made honor roll. No thanks to that teacher

Kutztown has a lot of potential, but unfortunately we're experiencing increasing problems with our school board. They don't listen to teachers, students or parents and seem to be interested solely in spending as little money as possible as to not upset conservative community members. The fault here lies within the community, failing to elect responsible board members who legitimately care about the well being of the school and its students and for failing to get involved with and educated about the happenings of the school and its urgency for reform. Kutztown high school is filled with frustration due to the uncooperative disposition of its school board. As a student, it's extremely discouraging and frustrating to see adults constantly bumble over issues, without rendering positive reform. The fact that we feel powerless to change things which directly affect us, does not help our lack of motivation. There is so much talent academically and musically, but our physical school is in dire need of repair.

Honestly, Kutztown is an above average school. Although we have lost many good teachers in the past few years and our PSSA results have slipped slightly, we have many positives-- our current freshman class is breaking all of the curves set by students during previous years, our debate team is the league champion, and our musical and performing arts are our real strong suit-- few other schools in the county can compete with our use of technology, strength in music and art, and our educational quality.

My family has been very active in the district since kindergarten, it's been fun. High school years have been very challenging. Our family's needs/health issues have changed and this school did not meet our medical or academic expectations. This school has a lot of potential.

Everyone's grades have been dropping ever since the introduction of the Apple One to One Laptop Initiative. Having these 'precious' commodities not only causes the students to not pay attention but also causes the teachers to electronically hand out documents and expect us to understand.

Last modified Kutztown Area Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.