Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teachers and staff are amazing! Feel extremely fortunate to live in this district!!

Helpful to special needs students and their parents. Teachers go the extra mile as do the administration

i am currently a senior graduating in a few months. this school is everything i could have ever asked for. the teachers are caring. the staff listens to you and helps you. i am glad to call myself a pioneer and always will be. yea there are cliques and "groups" of kids that associate with one another. but you have that everywhere. the athletics and their facilities are top notch as well. this school has prepared me for the real world Very Very well.

A very solid school with well behaved students. The school is very homogeneous. I'm not sure how the school would seem to someone who "doesn't fit the mold".

When we first moved to the district, it was rated high and I would of rated them a 5. Today I would rate the elementary schools a 4 and the middle school and high school a 2 or lower. Over the years the high school and middle school have gone down hill. They say they want highly qualified teachers but they seem to be having trouble finding them. Also, their standards of substitutes is very low. My children have had substitutes that paint their nails, text, and sit behind the desk and read or on their computer. The high school actually has an emergency certified substitute "babysitting" our children OVER certified substitutes.What this means is he does not have a teaching degree. This year he has been in A LOT! My children had him a few times. What our the children learning on these days. Not much!! They say they want the best for our children but they are not delivering!! Parents get involved and find out what is going on in the schools. My children and I have a good relationship and we talk. If you only knew what all goes on in the high school and middle school, you would be shocked. Attend a Board meeting and drop in on classes. They supposedly have an open door policy.

I dislike this school. For the most part, I think that the kids here in this school aren't very accepting of others from different states. I would and wouldn't blame them. Some of them have been going to this school district since kindergarten together. But on the other hand, they should be accepting of others. Shouldn't they? In addition to that, you can find many cliques in this school. Also, if I had to tell you one thing about the teachers I will tell you this, they choose favorites, and boy they do it alot. I recommend that you don't even move to this school district. But if you like a school that has little diversity, cliques, drama and more choose this one!

We moved here last year from the Council Rock school district in Bucks County, one of the very top districts in the state. After a tough first week, my then-freshman daughter quickly integrated. I have met all of her teachers, who are uniformly dedicated and caring. Academic standards are comparable to Council Rock's, and L-S's accelerated program (in which courses that are year-long in other schools are compressed into half of the year) enabled my daughter to progress very rapidly. As a bonus, the school's physical plant is pristine. We're very pleased. As an aside--and not necessarily a criticism--I note that there is little diversity in the school population. However, this is a function of the district's demographics, so one cannot blame the school for this fact. In this regard, the school's homogeneity is in stark contrast to say, Lancaster City schools. I wish there were more solidly middle-class persons of color who could afford the generally more expensive homes in the L-S district, but there don't appear to be. This sort of unintended, de facto segregation is unfortunately a problem nationwide.

teachers are dedicated to the students, students are enjoyable and parents are supportive of the school

Great teachers! Students are caring, giving, helpful in there school and to those in need. The school is always clean and keeps safety in mind.

Lampeter-Strasburg High School is a great school because all of the teachers and students work together to make it a great place.

Last modified Lampeter-Strasburg Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.