Lancaster, PA

Lafayette El School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
This is our first year at Lafayette. I think the principal and staff are wonderful. There are after school activities, sports and groups that meet. There are free breakfasts and lunches for all students, regardless of income. What I feel is lacking is the gifted/ accelerated program. But there is a wonderful warmth and diversity to the school that lacks in many suburban schools. The school is working hard to improve parent involvement and there is a strong anti-bullying program implemented. I would recommend this school.

Lafayette El School 0

Posted November 16, 2007
I agree with the parents who said that this school drops the blame on the parents for what they do wrong. I have a special needs child and my child has been treated very bad at this school and the school district put the blame on me for them not following his IEP, and I was told that things like this will happen! His education needs have not been met, at all.

Lafayette El School 4

Posted April 28, 2006
- a staff

Lafayette El School 3

Posted March 31, 2006
- a administrator
Extracurricular activities are lacking. The quality of academic programs is okay, but compared to other schools it is behind a bit. Parent involvement seems to diminish as children get older and there aren't convenient hours for parents to get involved in school activities. It is usually always the same day (once a month) and the same things... they should try some other unique activities that involve children, parents and teachers!

Lafayette El School 3

Posted March 22, 2005
I think that Lafayette is a good school. The discipline is good. I think that the academics are good. I am pleased with the overall school experience.

Lafayette El School 5

Posted September 09, 2004
The teachers at Lafayette sincerely have your child's education as priority on their list. They get to know your child as family members know your child and that's why it's more of a family then a school. The kids are so involved and considerate, they know my name and my childs before I ever even get to know theirs. My son really loves his school and even when I offered him to be able to go to the same school as his cousins he said no way mommy I already have friends that are like cousins at Lafayette. Why fix what isn't broken? Lafayette Lions roar!

Lafayette El School 1

Posted April 28, 2004
This school will not take responsibility for its actions. They are known to continuously drop the ball and refuse to pick it up. They like to blame the parents for their wrong. Also the office staff is very rude. Thank you

Lafayette El School
1000 Saint Joseph St, Lancaster, PA  17603
Last modified Lafayette El School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top