Lancaster, PA

Posted July 03, 2012
If you have any doubts about sending your kids to Lancaster public schools... put your fears to rest. Ross Elementary School is a top-notch school with a caring faculty and great PTO. Our children are thriving. The building was renovated and our kids have so many great things to be proud of.

Posted July 03, 2012
Our family transferred to Ross from a local private school three years audio. I must say it was the best decision we could have made for our chills education. Everyone from the principal, to the teachers to the janitorial staff is there for our kids.

Posted July 03, 2012
This school is very welcoming of new students. My son has been attending Ross elementary school since Kindergarden, and has enjoyed his experiences thus far. There are plenty of activities avialable for students to participate in and play an active role in thier school community.

Posted July 03, 2012
We are so happy with Ross. Both our girls got involved in the arts and music programs. It is really exciting to see the school and community come together to make this happen. It is encouraging to know that many teachers sacrifice their time and help out of their own pockets every year just so our kids have a chance to shine!

Posted May 08, 2006

Ross El School 2

Posted February 19, 2006
My son is currently enrolled here. I think there are a lot of extracurriculars for kids to choosed from of course they require parental involovement to be allowed to join in and i know for some that can be a problem. My issue though is with the staff...while my son's teacher is ok (and and i stress just okay) the other teacher seem to be disinteretsed and there is a pattern with lack of a follw through. Since when should you have to 'beg' for a report on your child?

Ross El School 4

Posted March 16, 2005
- a former student

Posted January 22, 2004
My daughter transfer here in second grade. I thought there would be exciting things for her. I was wrong. Nothing extra special for her. Price Elementary offers a lot more after school activities for students to get involved in. What happened to that in this school?

Posted December 23, 2003
I srongly agree with parent number one. My children are in kindergarten and second grade. The only thing this school has to offer are a few great teachers.

Ross El School 2

Posted August 26, 2003
My daughter is currently a third grader. The first year at Ross transferring from another county school was terrific, her first grade teacher was the best! Second grade was a different story, principal change and teacher change made her second year disastrous! We no longer have dress down days or fun dress days as we had with Ms. Dolores Jones. Parental involvement is very little. Spanish teacher in second grade transferred or quit, we no longer had Spanish! Unsure if we have Spanish this year yet. Am worried about 3rd grade, praying all goes well. In second grade, seen many roaches in her classroom and lice was very prominent. If 3rd grade does not go well by end of first marking period, will transfer my child to a PRIVATE school! (And trust me, I cannot afford it.) Our city schools need to be cleaner and the class ratio to a teacher needs to be changed! Last year, we had 34 students in her class!!!

Ross El School
840 North Queen St, Lancaster, PA  17603
Last modified Ross El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ross El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top