Lancaster, PA

Elizabeth R Martin El School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
It is seemingly apparent, administrators focus more on state testing scores and funding for the school. Staff are less concerned about the students who have challenges academically, socially, mentally, and feeling a part of the school community as a whole. If the staff and their leaders would recognize each student's potential, gifts, and needs, Elizabeth Martin would certainly be a school creating a holistic, learning environment for all. There appears to be segregation of students who suffer from a myriad of challenges. If these deficiencies would be recognized and corrected for the good of the students, the school could be one of the better ones in the School District of Lancaster.

Posted June 09, 2014
Am not on PTO nor active in the school events as I had hoped, but my son loves E.R. Martin and won t want to move to any other school. He has high regard for the principal, Dr. Andrews, who respects each individual student. Dr. Andrews and the teachers/staff make every effort to make students there feel comfortable and academically-challenged. Am very thankful they built the new Elementary/Middle School building and, despite the challenges/growing pains, am glad Dr. Andrews is still around; she does what is in the best interest of the students. Have seen and heard about a number of activities/events in which she and teachers/staff are actively engaged or involved with students, and have observed their willingness to collaborate with parents/families. I truly appreciate her leadership and her working closely with PTO leadership.

Elizabeth R Martin El School 5

Posted May 30, 2014
I am very happy with Martin Elem School. Dr Andrews works very hard to provide our children with a wonderful enviroment for them to learn and grow. The teachers at Martin do a great job of builing communication with the parents as well as the students. I have had 2 of my children attend Martin and have a 5th grader there now and couldn't be happier. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK MARTIN!!!! I am an involved parent, I am on the PTO and try to help out as much as I can. I would like to see more parents involved and attending meetings to see what we all can do to make Martin even better.

Elizabeth R Martin El School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
Love this school! Very happy with how my daughters have progressed and learned so much over the last year! They really put in the time and effort to help all kids succeed. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants safety education and the best staff to work with our children

Posted June 30, 2008
My son went here for Kindergarten. His teachers were excellent and he did very well. We ended up sending him to private school for first grade, but would still recommend this school for anyone who wants a quality public school in Lancaster. It's one of the best elementary schools in the school district.

Posted September 06, 2006
My son just started this school and he loves it. I also think it's a great school. The staff seem very nice and knowledgeable. The building is clean as well. Get's an A from me!

Posted January 11, 2006

Elizabeth R Martin El School 1

Posted March 07, 2005
I had lunch with my son, and went to recess. Felt like I was in a prison. Teachers and aids yell and demorlize the children. I'll be looking for another school in Fall 2005. Has to be the worst school in Lancaster city.

Elizabeth R Martin El School 3

Posted August 10, 2003
The teachers are great... Need more parent involvement...Safety big issue in and around this school...No traffic light, no school signs, no 15mph slow down school signs, very dangerous for children and cars and buses. Needs a gym and also badly needs painting.

Elizabeth R Martin El School
1990 Wabank Rd, Lancaster, PA  17603
Last modified Elizabeth R Martin El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth R Martin El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top