Lancaster, PA

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 31, 2015
The teachers need to work with the students who are having difficulty understanding the work. Instead they ignore parent concerns and contact and let these students fail and feel they are inferior.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
The staff do not respect the students so in turn the students cannot learn respect for themselves and others.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
Students who are at a disadvantage due to learning disabilities, family dynamic, and economic status do not stand a chance at succeeding at Martin. Dr. Andrews and a handful of the teachers do not respond to parent phone calls and emails. I have been blantantly ignored by Dr. Andrews and at least five of the teachers all school year long. My child is failing at Martin. And the faculty does not care.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
Staff is very biased. Students are not without issues are the only ones who are recognized there.

Elizabeth R Martin El School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
It is seemingly apparent, administrators focus more on state testing scores and funding for the school. Staff are less concerned about the students who have challenges academically, socially, mentally, and feeling a part of the school community as a whole. If the staff and their leaders would recognize each student's potential, gifts, and needs, Elizabeth Martin would certainly be a school creating a holistic, learning environment for all. There appears to be segregation of students who suffer from a myriad of challenges. If these deficiencies would be recognized and corrected for the good of the students, the school could be one of the better ones in the School District of Lancaster.

Posted June 09, 2014
Am not on PTO nor active in the school events as I had hoped, but my son loves E.R. Martin and won t want to move to any other school. He has high regard for the principal, Dr. Andrews, who respects each individual student. Dr. Andrews and the teachers/staff make every effort to make students there feel comfortable and academically-challenged. Am very thankful they built the new Elementary/Middle School building and, despite the challenges/growing pains, am glad Dr. Andrews is still around; she does what is in the best interest of the students. Have seen and heard about a number of activities/events in which she and teachers/staff are actively engaged or involved with students, and have observed their willingness to collaborate with parents/families. I truly appreciate her leadership and her working closely with PTO leadership.

Elizabeth R Martin El School 5

Posted May 30, 2014
I am very happy with Martin Elem School. Dr Andrews works very hard to provide our children with a wonderful enviroment for them to learn and grow. The teachers at Martin do a great job of builing communication with the parents as well as the students. I have had 2 of my children attend Martin and have a 5th grader there now and couldn't be happier. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK MARTIN!!!! I am an involved parent, I am on the PTO and try to help out as much as I can. I would like to see more parents involved and attending meetings to see what we all can do to make Martin even better.

Elizabeth R Martin El School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
Love this school! Very happy with how my daughters have progressed and learned so much over the last year! They really put in the time and effort to help all kids succeed. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants safety education and the best staff to work with our children

Posted June 30, 2008
My son went here for Kindergarten. His teachers were excellent and he did very well. We ended up sending him to private school for first grade, but would still recommend this school for anyone who wants a quality public school in Lancaster. It's one of the best elementary schools in the school district.

Posted September 06, 2006
My son just started this school and he loves it. I also think it's a great school. The staff seem very nice and knowledgeable. The building is clean as well. Get's an A from me!

1990 Wabank Rd, Lancaster, PA  17603
Last modified Elizabeth R Martin El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth R Martin El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top