Manheim Township High School

Public | 9-12 | 1827 students

Sweep tile

Posted December 5, 2013

Posting dated October 28, 2012 needs to learn how to spell, proper grammer, etc.. No wonder she does not do well in the school.

Posted October 28, 2012

I have had a child in the high school for the last 10 years and this is the worst year, leadership is not concern is acdemic. It is so sad

Posted March 5, 2012

I graduated from MTHS in 2008. I'm so thankful that I was raised in township. I was diagnosed with a learning disability during my middle school years and the teachers accommodated me and prepared me for College just like any other student, except more at my learning pace. After graduation I ended up landing a full ride scholarship to the art institute of Philadelphia where I am majoring in Commercial photography. If I didn't have the encouragement and support from the staff at MTHS I don't know where I would be. I am very thankful.

Posted January 23, 2012

I am a 1995 graduate of Manheim Township HS, so my experience is slightly out of date, but I went on to a strong liberal arts college, then to graduate school through to a Ph.D., and now I teach at a top-30 liberal arts college in Virginia. I have even had the pleasure of teaching a more recent Township grad who attends my university. My experience at MT was probably typical for a late-bloomer. Like at all high schools, smaller kids are largely left out of the dominant social circles occupied by those who happened to develop physically earlier. However, I always found the teachers and guidance counselors to be kind, devoted people, several of whom made a permanent impact on me. I also found a great niche with the school newspaper. I still remember my first major compliment from a teacher about my writing, and the kindness shown to me by the gym teacher who intercepted a bully just as he was about to bother me. I was well prepared for college, and developed a love of learning and a respect for the life of the mind first demonstrated by my MT teachers. Many thanks to those who helped me and so many others along our way in high school.

Posted December 7, 2011

I was considering Manheim Township, however, academics is the only criteria, Children who love learning will excell at any school. My priority in education is academics with virtue and character. Manheim township lacks both virtue and character sorely reflected in their own quiz bowl team, wearing T-Shirts at a National Quiz Bowl competition that read, "We put the STUD in Study." Highly offensive posturing! Academics without character or social grace is a travesty to any civil society. Civility at Manheim T has somehow escaped their definition of academics.

Posted June 14, 2011

As a former student who graduated there four years, I call my years at Manheim Township to be some of the most sad and lonely memories for me. While I did meet some of the most amazing teachers there who encouraged my dream, I also met some of the rudest students ever. It was miserable trying to fit in at a school where a majority of the class is focused on materialistic things and are not open to welcoming others unless they are rich or fill their criteria of a 'worthy person' to hang out with. While I feel the academics are excellent and I like that they have clubs for all kinds of students, I just cannot get past the cruelty and that behavior of 'I'm better than you because I'm rich and wear expensive clothes' attitude that 70% of the classes usually carry. As a future parent, I do not plan to take my children here. My only solace of my years at this school is that the bullying I endured taught me that I did not want to be like those students and that instead of being a bitter and angry individual, I am rising above it and choosing to revel in how better my life has been since not going to Manheim Township anymore.

Posted October 16, 2009

I currently attend Manheim Township, and I think it's one of the top notch public schools in Pennsylvania. The academics are phenominal, and the sports programs are amazing. I'm looking forward to college in a few years because I know that my teachers have prepared me well.

Posted October 7, 2009

I graduated from MTHS and my son is currently in 5th grade in the district. One of the main reasons we stayed in the district is because of the schools. I felt very prepared, thanks to Township, transitioning to college and then law school. I like that the focus of this school is college prep. As is the case with all schools, you have your bad apples but finger pointing and blame placing gets you no where. Be accountable for your own actions. If you come to Township looking for a good education and are willing to work towards that goal, you won't be disappointed.

Posted August 4, 2009

I graduated from MTHS and my twin girls went there last year. The quality of education was top notch, both academically and athletically. My kids were both straight A students and starters on several of the sports teams. But I must say I am extremely disappointed in the school's handling of bullying and the attitude of kids in the school. I even read in the local paper about one of kids murdering a neighboring family a few years ago. Very tragic. I think the community needs to look at itself and how it raises it's kids to treat and respect others. There's a lot of 'old money' in this school district and a superiority complex to go with it. We decided to send our kids to Lancaster Catholic High School, which happens to be nearby. Our kids are still excelling and happy as can be. Best choice we could have ever made.

Posted April 22, 2009

As a a student in this school i feel as if this school is a failure. Yes the building and education is very acceptable. They started to lose interests in the student feelings. Its sad. Kids are getting bullied and its a very rich area so if you don't have the latest iphone you pretty much done for. I am not getting bullied but people close to me are. And it is getting out of hand. If you send your kid here with nothing but k-mart clothes and a lunch bag. Your son/daughter will be put down emotionally and physically

Posted August 27, 2008

All of my children graduated from MT and I can't think of anything to complain about. Some of the students had nicer cars than I did:) I wish I had been lucky enough to get a Manheim Township education.

Posted August 27, 2008

When each of my 3 children started college I asked them how well prepared they felt they were. All said that they were very well prepared compared to the other college students! Thank you Manheim Township!

Posted April 1, 2008

I am a former student and I still think this is the greatest school. Smart, dedicated faculty paired with supportive administration as well as enough money for all of the important things and a school board with priorities straight make for an unbeatable combination!

Posted February 20, 2008

I am a sophomore at Penn State and I know that I would not be at Penn State today if it were not for the great teachers at township. You cant beat the education you get at township. I was an avg student in high school and transitioned well to college. Township prepares the students well by offering a lot of AP classes and holding students to high expectations. Township also has excellent sports programs. The only negative thing about township is the overly-strict principles, who seem all too eager to hand out detention and ISS (in school suspension) for little things. Overall, the school is amazing. I was way ahead of other freshmen in college when I came to PSU, and found my first year classes to be rather easy because of the level of education I received at township. Go PSU!!!!!

Posted October 10, 2007

I am a former student who continued on to Art School. The art program, for a high school level, is outstanding. The sports programs are the best in the area as well. The teachers are always available for after school help, and they truly want to see us succeed. I loved my high school experience, and I wouldn't have my children go anywhere else.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 25, 2007

Manheim Township has excellent Sports and Academics and a wonderful new school!

Posted September 19, 2007

I go to manheim township high school and I think it is doing a wonderful job in preparing me for college and life in general. The teaching staff is a pleasure.

Posted April 15, 2006

This school has provided my children with the guidance they need to get into a good college. The facilities need some work. For example, there is no air conditioning in most of the building and the hallways are overpacked. There is not enough room for the amount of students. The classes are hard, but this school prepares students with their numerous AP classes and choices. The school athletics and spirit are top-notch!

Posted February 14, 2006

MTHS offers a top notch education to those kids who want to work. MT offers courses that you would only find in private schools elsewhere. The teachers are very available to give extra help during study halls or after school, if your child seeks it. There are four principals and five guidance professionals for a school of 1639--that is phenomenal. There are countless opportunities to cultivate personal passions such as music, art, drama, quiz bowl, athletics, etc. The only downside of MTHS is the horrible condition of our building. Some kids have dropped out of band this year because the band room is so cramped--that is a sin in a township that is so blessed fianancially. We have dragged our feet on renovations and now we are paying the high price of waiting. Thankfully, we have the best superintendent in the universe. He will get the building in shape!

Posted October 9, 2005

High quality programs; tends to focus on the college bound. Many extracurricular; sports are very competitive. High level of parental involvement.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

398 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

401 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

398 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

403 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White91%
Economically disadvantaged66%
Students with disabilities (IEP)61%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Asian 7% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

School Rd