Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Manheim Twp High School 4

Posted July 01, 2015
Great Facilities with lots of kind and caring teachers. They take the time to educate children properly.

Manheim Twp High School 2

Posted October 28, 2012
I have had a child in the high school for the last 10 years and this is the worst year, leadership is not concern is acdemic. It is so sad

Posted March 05, 2012
I graduated from MTHS in 2008. I'm so thankful that I was raised in township. I was diagnosed with a learning disability during my middle school years and the teachers accommodated me and prepared me for College just like any other student, except more at my learning pace. After graduation I ended up landing a full ride scholarship to the art institute of Philadelphia where I am majoring in Commercial photography. If I didn't have the encouragement and support from the staff at MTHS I don't know where I would be. I am very thankful.

Posted January 23, 2012
I am a 1995 graduate of Manheim Township HS, so my experience is slightly out of date, but I went on to a strong liberal arts college, then to graduate school through to a Ph.D., and now I teach at a top-30 liberal arts college in Virginia. I have even had the pleasure of teaching a more recent Township grad who attends my university. My experience at MT was probably typical for a late-bloomer. Like at all high schools, smaller kids are largely left out of the dominant social circles occupied by those who happened to develop physically earlier. However, I always found the teachers and guidance counselors to be kind, devoted people, several of whom made a permanent impact on me. I also found a great niche with the school newspaper. I still remember my first major compliment from a teacher about my writing, and the kindness shown to me by the gym teacher who intercepted a bully just as he was about to bother me. I was well prepared for college, and developed a love of learning and a respect for the life of the mind first demonstrated by my MT teachers. Many thanks to those who helped me and so many others along our way in high school.

Manheim Twp High School 2

Posted December 07, 2011
I was considering Manheim Township, however, academics is the only criteria, Children who love learning will excell at any school. My priority in education is academics with virtue and character. Manheim township lacks both virtue and character sorely reflected in their own quiz bowl team, wearing T-Shirts at a National Quiz Bowl competition that read, "We put the STUD in Study." Highly offensive posturing! Academics without character or social grace is a travesty to any civil society. Civility at Manheim T has somehow escaped their definition of academics.

Manheim Twp High School 1

Posted June 14, 2011
As a former student who graduated there four years, I call my years at Manheim Township to be some of the most sad and lonely memories for me. While I did meet some of the most amazing teachers there who encouraged my dream, I also met some of the rudest students ever. It was miserable trying to fit in at a school where a majority of the class is focused on materialistic things and are not open to welcoming others unless they are rich or fill their criteria of a 'worthy person' to hang out with. While I feel the academics are excellent and I like that they have clubs for all kinds of students, I just cannot get past the cruelty and that behavior of 'I'm better than you because I'm rich and wear expensive clothes' attitude that 70% of the classes usually carry. As a future parent, I do not plan to take my children here. My only solace of my years at this school is that the bullying I endured taught me that I did not want to be like those students and that instead of being a bitter and angry individual, I am rising above it and choosing to revel in how better my life has been since not going to Manheim Township anymore.

Posted October 16, 2009
I currently attend Manheim Township, and I think it's one of the top notch public schools in Pennsylvania. The academics are phenominal, and the sports programs are amazing. I'm looking forward to college in a few years because I know that my teachers have prepared me well.

Posted October 07, 2009
I graduated from MTHS and my son is currently in 5th grade in the district. One of the main reasons we stayed in the district is because of the schools. I felt very prepared, thanks to Township, transitioning to college and then law school. I like that the focus of this school is college prep. As is the case with all schools, you have your bad apples but finger pointing and blame placing gets you no where. Be accountable for your own actions. If you come to Township looking for a good education and are willing to work towards that goal, you won't be disappointed.

Manheim Twp High School

Posted August 04, 2009
I graduated from MTHS and my twin girls went there last year. The quality of education was top notch, both academically and athletically. My kids were both straight A students and starters on several of the sports teams. But I must say I am extremely disappointed in the school's handling of bullying and the attitude of kids in the school. I even read in the local paper about one of kids murdering a neighboring family a few years ago. Very tragic. I think the community needs to look at itself and how it raises it's kids to treat and respect others. There's a lot of 'old money' in this school district and a superiority complex to go with it. We decided to send our kids to Lancaster Catholic High School, which happens to be nearby. Our kids are still excelling and happy as can be. Best choice we could have ever made.

Manheim Twp High School 1

Posted April 22, 2009
As a a student in this school i feel as if this school is a failure. Yes the building and education is very acceptable. They started to lose interests in the student feelings. Its sad. Kids are getting bullied and its a very rich area so if you don't have the latest iphone you pretty much done for. I am not getting bullied but people close to me are. And it is getting out of hand. If you send your kid here with nothing but k-mart clothes and a lunch bag. Your son/daughter will be put down emotionally and physically

Manheim Twp High School
School Rd, Lancaster, PA  17601
Last modified Manheim Twp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.