Conestoga Valley Senior High School 1

Posted November 17, 2014
My daughter is a gifted student who attended Conestoga Valley up until last year, I finally had enough of banging my head against the wall to get the school to acknowledge her GIEP, and pulled her out last spring and entered a cyber school. Unfortunately the Conestoga Valley School District is still fighting sending her paperwork to the new school. Over 6 months later, and I am still having to call the school to beg for test scores and paperwork to be sent, I know my children were not important when they attended this school, and now that I finally pulled them out and got into a decent and responsive school the difference is amazing. If you have gifted children you would not believe the opportunities that exist for enrichment through the cyber schools, it blows the pathetic attempts by Conestoga Valley away. I no longer have to beg for a yearly conference, the cyber school wants to offer interesting and so far amazing options to my kids.

Posted July 23, 2014
The CV school district overall is OK. When/if your child has special needs they are very hard to work with as they have limited knowledge of how to deal with them properly and get them into mainstream. As for academics.... I feel they have a few really good teachers that make kids want to learn, most others just teach as a "job" (I've heard this straight out of teachers' mouths) - some of these teachers discuss sensitive information at personal gatherings where many parents are. The sports lack greatly - they should spend their money on getting better coaches and newer equipment than getting artificial turf to keep up with the other more affluent towns (the Jone's syndrome). The school district puts way too much emphasis on cramming kids for the PSSA's than to incorporate these academics into the schools plans so kids do not feel so stressed. Many teachers transfer their stress onto the students when the PSSA time comes. Poorly planned academics :-(

Conestoga Valley Senior High School 3

Posted April 06, 2014
This school is great academically. They try to make you thrive as much as possible they can and I loved that. But honestly I hated going there due to so many judgmental people.

Posted January 31, 2012
Overall this school is outstanding with the majority of faculty being genuinely concerned for the students , but throughout the entire high school career of a student, you will eventually begin to see that the emphasis is not toward bettering your child for the future, but rather bettering your child for the PSSA's. As a senior in this high school, I find that the majority of things tested in the SAT's and ACT's have NOT been taught in the high school. I am what is considered to be a great student in multiple Honors and College in the High School classes and I did not feel prepared for the material in these tests even with numerous study techniques and preparations. Unfortunately, these tests do not test on CVHS's best department's specialty. History has by far the most caring and helpful of all the departments. The teachers are very well-rounded and helped in subjects that they do not even specialize in. As a history-buff myself,I was extremely impressed with their knowledge. The bus driver's are treated roughly,and there are some that have been rude with the involvement of cursing,screaming,and just a lack of social skills. The board,despite community meetings,does not listen.

Posted May 19, 2011
the school was the bast school i have going to in my life and the peolpe there was nices to the students

Conestoga Valley Senior High School 1

Posted January 24, 2010

Posted October 20, 2008

Posted June 14, 2008
it is a very nice school and lots of after school activites

Posted May 06, 2008
I am in ninth grade and I love it.

Conestoga Valley Senior High School 4

Posted November 25, 2007

Conestoga Valley Senior High School
2110 Horseshoe Rd, Lancaster, PA  17601
Last modified Conestoga Valley Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Conestoga Valley Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top