Posted September 04, 2014
There is nothing positive to say about this school. I only gave it a 1 star because I had to, otherwise I would have given it Zero stars. I moved out of the area to send my child to a different school. Best devision I ever made.

Posted November 12, 2013
I've had three children attend Oliver Heckman Elementary School and it is a wonderful school. Small enough so that everyone knows everyone and the kids get to know each other as well. Academically, I do feel it could be a bit stronger but I've also seen that improve over the years due to older teachers retiring. I'm basing my review on six years at this school with another two more to go. I'm glad they have taken it off the "chopping block" for now as my child will make it through fifth grade there. I also think the academic problems primarily stemmed from the union contract strife and that is over for at least the short term and the teachers have gotten back to teaching!

Posted January 30, 2012
I wish I could say something positive about this school, but unfortunately I can not. I will not even put in writing how I feel about the incompetent principal. My son was targeted by bullies and was labeled by the staff. There was nothing he or I could do to stop the harassment. It was to the point I was going to hire a lawyer and sue them, but I sent him to a new school. Am I surprised that we have not had one issue? Not really. My son is very loved at his new school. Neshaminy School District is certainly not what it used to be...

Posted June 28, 2010
This school has been great so far. I was encouraged early on by the parental involvement in the PTO. The principal is very hands-on and the teachers have been great so far (my child just finished Kindergarten).

Posted December 21, 2009

Posted August 06, 2009
Great school...Excellent PTO. Lots of extra activities for families. Principal (Mr. Kern) is top notch. My kids (3rd and 5th) love thier school. I just wish that the teachers were not 'switched around' by the district so much....but that's not the school's issue!

Heckman El School 3

Posted March 10, 2009
I must say that I have been greatly disappointed in this school. I have noticed that though they have an average education available for average students, if your child is involved in the music offerings there, the teachers act like it is a major imposition that the child is leaving their class once a week. I found that the school is much more effective when the student teachers are in the classrooms as they connect more with the students and generally make their short period of time with them much more enjoyable.

Posted November 28, 2007
We've been at Heckman for 2 years. The interaction between me, the teachers, the counselors and the principal have been tremendously supportive. I love this school!

Posted July 22, 2006
This is a great school. My daughter is going into 2nd grade and she is already an advanced reader. The schools puts a great deal of emphasis on early reading and writing. There is a lot of parent involvement. The art program is great. My daughter loves her art teacher and the kids' art work is displayed all over the school. The principal is great. Every time I go to the school I see him out and about talking with kids, greeting them at the door in the morning, he seems very nice and approachable. My only complaint is kindergarten is 1/2 days..not good for working parents. But, over all a great school!

Posted February 28, 2004
- a former student

Heckman El School
Maple Ave at Cherry St, Langhorne, PA  19047
Last modified Heckman El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heckman El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.