PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

LFS amazed me in many ways. Generally speaking they teacher the entire child by empowering the light within each child. The school offers more than it's stellar academic curriculum. It empowers the child to learn themselves, it develops self esteem and encourages the child that it's cool to explore the world, be good to one another, and to live in peace. It's a whole community. As a parent i felt like I had gone back to school. I'd gotten to know the parents and teachers very well. From the 1st day of school and meeting with the class, I felt right at home. Many parents reached out to me to make sure I felt welcome. It was encouraging to see a group of adults from all different backgrounds share similar interests. Even with the genuine diversity of backgrounds, it seems like everyone strives toward the same cause. ALL of the teachers CARE about every single child, each child has a voice and every parent is supported and respected. This is our 1st year at LFS and I look forward to when my children graduate. If you want your child you develop the critical skills to become catalyst of positive change in the world, LFS is your school.

Each child is known, challenged, supported, nurtured, all is a wonderful diverse community.

Love LFS my children went to this school for six years. The staff is professional, attentive and caring. The teachers are awesome and the school offers a wonderful community.

Our family has been with LFS, from 2006 Summer Camp to present--Pre-K: 1st Child in School.LFS offers what each of us looks for when we place our child in the care of others. Caring, Respectful, Educational Opportunities to be Part of a Community! Well, the moment you enter the doors at LFS, you and your children are at home. Each adult-teacher, School Principal -Teacher Susan and staff: each is friendly, respectful and happy to be there with our children! Then the daily life at LFS begins, Circle, Gathering, Projects, Free PLay, Journal Writing, Rest time, Science, Other Cultures, a non-hectic environment where our child is learning the gentle social skills to go into the world and lead. We are so happy we found the LFS --we live in West Philadelphia and only commute 15 minutes, with no parking issues for drop off.

My daughter goes to LFS she is in pre-k. We absolutly love it she learns far more then she would at a daycare. Everything about the school is great- the other children, the academics, the staff. You could not ask for more!

Last modified Lansdowne Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6