Bad
Good

They need to be more organized and maybe have people actually paying attention to the kids! My daughter was bullied repeatedly! Not to mention how cruel the teachers can be to the kids! My daughter's teacher told the class that kids "annoyed" her! Why is she even teaching children?! I'm glad I pulled her out of that school!

My siblings and I attended Clara Barton Elementary School at 5 Blue Lake Road in Bristol Township, Bucks County, Levittown, PA back in the 1960's and 1970's. My own four children attended Barton in the 1980's and 1990's. Now two of my grandchildren attend, both 3rd graders in the 2013-2014 school year. I cannot say enough about the faculty at Barton. These teachers go the extra mile and extra help, when needed, is ALWAYS available. The building is now showing its' age, but is in the process of being replaced with a brand new building that will house 3 area elementary schools and the current teachers will move to the new school with the children. In all the decades, we have only had one bad experience with a teacher. She was a temp, in for one year while the normal teacher was out on maternity leave. That situation was taken care of by the principal in a thorough and swift manner, once I reported it to him. The reason the state test scores are a little low is because Barton is a satellite school for a large group of special needs children that are brought in from all over the area. The program for special needs here is wonderful, parents fight to bring their kids here.

We only were at Barton for kindergarten, but my daughter's teacher was and still is wonderful. We're in a new district now and the curriculum is WAY beneath what we had at Barton. I've contacted my daughter's kindergarten teacher for assistance with gathering information to present to the current school as to what my daughter SHOULD be doing and she couldn't be more willing to help me out! I'm so tempted to move back to the township so my daughter can go back to Barton and get the education she deserves. She learned so much at Barton and I LOVE that they are full day kindergarten. I wish all the local districts offered full day as I have two more kids who will need to start school in the next few years.

The teachers are great,they love what they do and it shows God Bless them all. More Parents need to be more active.

I love Barton. My son is in the autistic support class, for K-2, and he is doing fantastic. This school year they had 'acceptance days' which helped teach the students about children with special needs. I thought this was great. The staff is wonderful at the school, and are great with my son. I'm glad he was assigned there.

I am not happy with Barton. My son is in 2nd grade. I feel as if the students could be taught more to be equal to other schools in Pennsylvania. The work my child is given his very easy. He needs to have more of a challenge for his level. Barton seems as though they can't provide this level of academic for him. I will be considering moving him to another school next year.

My son is in second grade and just doing great, i've grown to just love Barton and all the teachers and now we are moving and buying in the same area just to stay in this school. Teachers are so great, they just seem to love what they do. My daughter is loving her kindergarden class and doing great. Still needs work to not look like a prison but I guess you take the good with the bad. They have been working on the courtyards and it's looking better but the playground is still so sad. Last thing is I think you would have more parent involvement if it was easier to do, right now you need all these things you have to do, FBI clearance, state, child abuse, it's overkill and an expense I just can't afford.

Last modified Barton El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.