PK-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Ligonier Valley High School 1

Posted October 30, 2013
I have children in all three Ligonier valley schools. My husband and I have both worked in partnership with school districts as mental health professionals and have experience with school districts in RI, MA, CT, WV and PA. While all school districts have their problems I can say with confidence that Ligonier is one of the best districts we have seen both personally and professionally. The High school ranks in the 7th percentile in the state and 8th in the Nation according to US news and word reports. They received a silver award in that report of 2012. Students can earn an associates degree by graduation and students are now issued ipads starting in 9th grade. New High school principal has made a big difference in friendliness of parent/school interaction. Previous principal was abysmal to say the least. Would give 5 stars but as I said earlier all schools have their issues and this is a small town with the occasional frustrating school politics of a small town.

Ligonier Valley High School 2

Posted July 17, 2010
extremely poor school/teacher - parent communication, teachers do not respond to parent concerns, principal is 'my way or the highway' person who does not welcome parent input

Ligonier Valley High School 1

Posted November 19, 2009
*Though Ligonier is small, there is no excuse for the misapplication of nearly all funding that is provided for the school. *Not only have I had extreme difficulty in being granted the classes of my choice, but many of the teachers have nothing but disrespect for the students. Note that this applies to students other than their favorites, of course. Scrutiny is misused in every form possible. I am not reviewing to rebel against the school because I'm a bad kid. In fact, I have had very few personal problems with the faculty over the past four years here because I am one of the teacher favorites. But, for others, this is not the case. It seems almost impossible to live up to the standards of the staff at this school and I would not recommend LV for any student who wishes to receive fair grades under an honest grading policy.

Ligonier Valley High School 5

Posted May 06, 2004
My eldest son graduated in 2003 and my youngest son is currently attending the high school. I feel the school should rate first class status. We never had a problem with safety of our kids at the school, even in the ninth grade. I believe this is attributable to the excellent administration at the school and the outstanding faculty. Remember, high school is what you make it. I believe every opportunity is available to the students that take advantage of them. For such a small school, it is amazing as to what is offered, both academically and athletic. We were never turned down by a request to talk to any of the staff. When my oldest son comes home from college to visit, his first stop is to visit his old teachers and prinicpal. That in it self should tell you enough about the school.

Ligonier Valley High School 3

Posted February 04, 2004
I was not thrilled with the education my eldest son had at this school, so we moved to another district before my yogun child reached high school. He got a first class education in a district appoximately the same size as this one.

Ligonier Valley High School
40 Springer Rd, Ligonier, PA  15658
Last modified Ligonier Valley High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.