Posted November 02, 2013
What a great school community. There are times when one forgets how good we have it at SWS. Whenever I go to other schools' events I am reminded that SWS is great school, where children are not shocked out of childhood, but allowed to learn, grow, and experience the world around them in such a way that they love to go to school and the love to learn.

Posted January 29, 2013
The Susquehanna Waldorf School provided a foundation that has supported me through high school, college, and professionally since my graduation from the school in 1998. I realize more each year the positive impact that the school s curriculum and teachers have had on my life developing me physically, intellectually, and emotionally in a way that wouldn t have been possible at any other school.

Susquehanna Waldorf School 4

Posted February 13, 2012
ANYONE, if truthful, would be hard pressed to find the ideal "perfect' scenario in ALL aspects of edcuation ANYWHERE, PERIOD! Parents have challenges to navigate in BOTH public & private options. Regardless, we all want to make choices we feel to be in the best interest of our children's education & healthy development. We should all should strive for such anywhere, everywhere & always. As a parent member of this dedicated community for 5 of my daughter's 6 years of life, we are happy to have made such a choice and be involved in this beautiful community. We wish every child could experience the beauty of Waldorf. I have never met a more dedicated, committed and supportive group of educators. Furthermore, the focus is on appropriate and healthy child development. This far outweighs any room for improvments; which exist anywhere. That is what growth is all about; and it is not just for the children to experience in the way of school. As adults, we should be learning & growing in the ways of healthy social realms. At SWS both parent & child can and will do this; while expericencing heart, soul and dedication. Many happy and lucky children recieve these gifts here daily!

Susquehanna Waldorf School 4

Posted February 12, 2012
I felt I should write to address the last post made by "parent" who is actually a former parent. I will begin by saying that every Waldorf school goes through a re-acreditation process every seven years. I have never heard any of the other parents speak of the "circumstances" listed below with the exception of the person who wrote the review. The same person who accused the school of causing her sons asthma with an old leaking gas range in the classroom. Even though it was pointed out to her that the stove in the room is electric. Is the school perfect? No. Neither was any public school I ever attended in my life. The teachers at the Susauehanna Waldorf School are wonderful and I believe my son is getting an excellent education. How much does he love going there? The few times he has been sick and I've had to keep him home he has complained LOUDLY that he wants to go to school. I assure you thus is not a trait he got from me. If you have any interest or curiousity about the Susquehanna Waldorf School I strongly suggest you attend an open house and see first hand how the children are learning. You will be surprised to see how all of the kids respond to their teachers.

Susquehanna Waldorf School 1

Posted January 26, 2012
Sadly, the Susquehanna Waldorf School (SWS) is the worst run institution that I have come across in both the public and private sectors in the United States. Most of the teachers at SWS are wonderful educators, but the school itself is in such disarray due to their incompetent, uneducated administration powers that be. Furthermore, I seriously question the safety of the building that the school is physically housed in at present in Marietta on many levels (e.g., mold, radon, roof stability, lead paint...). SWS has had a numerous and significant change overs in staff and board members in the past few years and for very just reasons. It is seriously questioned whether or not the school will be reaccredited as a true "Waldorf" school once again given all of these circumstances. Again, it is a most unfortunate situation because there are many wonderful educators working at SWS... but one cannot take a blind eye to the real problems at SWS. The bottom line is that SWS a poor example of how a "Waldorf" school should operate, may even be the worst.

Susquehanna Waldorf School 1

Posted December 09, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009
i went there and there's this really awesome teacher called : mrs. mcintyre THIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST!

Posted June 10, 2007
- a former student
I only atended this school for one year, but in that time i learned so much and my already huge passion for music and arts only grew bigger the school environment is so friendly i would definatley send my children to this school and highly recomend it to anyone else for once in my many years of school i felt like the teachers cared and they gave me a huge opertunities to excel in everything.

Posted June 02, 2004
My daughter has just finished the nursery program here and will start kindergarten in the fall. She absolutely loves the school and has really thrived. She gets a wonderful balance of personalized attention from the teacher and 'on her own' time with her friends. This school is focused on the whole child and not the child's ability to pass a state-mandated test. PA's public schools should take some lessons from the Waldorf methodology. The kid's, based on my inquiries, at all age levels love this school. The children also do wonderfully in their subsequent 9th grade transitions to either public or private schools.

Susquehanna Waldorf School 3

Posted April 21, 2004
My young boy didn't do well in Public Schools, after sending him the Waldorf School, he will definately grow up to be a fine liberal man. Thank you Waldorf Schools.

Susquehanna Waldorf School
15 West Walnut Street, Marietta, PA  17547
Last modified Susquehanna Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Susquehanna Waldorf School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top