First District El School 2

Posted August 26, 2012
All three of my children have attended this school over the past 16 years & I am very familiar with it. This school practices ability grouping starting in 2nd grade which is the same thing as "tracking" according to wikapedia. This is another form of segregating & discrimination. The children are divided according to "ability" into classes which is great if your child is advantaged & has had A LOT of preschooling before starting kindergarten but NOT so great if your child hasn't. The current Principal also treats all parent's like they are deadbeats from the getgo unless they have proven otherwise by brown-nosing with the PTO & teachers. Many of the younger teachers are just there for a paycheck, although some of the veteran teachers are fantastic. The newer curriculum there basically demands that the parent's teach their own children to read before they even step foot in the building or else your child will be slapped in Title I status & then descriminated against & slapped in the lower level reading class starting in 2nd grade. This has been some of my experience in the most recent years. Tons different than it was for my 1st child's attendance there 16 years ago.

First District El School 1

Posted February 05, 2010

Posted October 22, 2009
First district is a wonderful neighborhood school filled with great teachers, students and parents. It is a great testimony to the advantage of small town schools.

Posted October 22, 2009
We love First District school because we have the coolest, most caring principal, guidance counselor, and teachers any parent can ask for! They always go the extra mile!

Posted October 22, 2009
I am soo very happy with 1st District, they go the extra mile for each and every student

Posted October 22, 2009
The teachers, the special programs and the newly remodeled building.

Posted October 22, 2009
The teachers and staff are caring and put lots of effort into making school a positive experience for our children.

Posted October 22, 2009
It is a small quaint little school where the teachers really care about the students. We have been blessed to have great teachers for both my children who call to see how things are going and to give us updates on their academics. My daughter had a tonsilectomy/adnoidectomy and her teacher stopped by with cards and gifts for her. So many great things about first district..

Posted October 22, 2009
The teacher's are so supportive and the environment is warm and welcoming.

First District El School 2

Posted September 30, 2009
I feel the class sizes are too large and there is not enough individualized instruction for students that are struggling. The teachers are nice but several have told me that there class size is just too large to give each student the attention that is needed. There is no room for the children to play and run as there is no playground but a patch of dirt and the front is not a safe area for children to play. I am looking at moving out of the First District and Crawford Central to give my child the education which they deserve and are not receiving at this school.

First District El School
725 North Main St, Meadville, PA  16335
Last modified First District El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
First District El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top