Media, PA

Benchmark School 4

Posted October 14, 2014
when it comes to learning in the reading and writing area its amazingly strong but, math is weak very weak to the poin. Also, when it comes to the social part of the school the people who handle discipline do a horrible job and at times can be actually racist and even said something horribly racist to my own mother. On top of that the kids can also be racist diversity is something benchmark is horrible at. In addition they only decide to put in action sometimes there was kids who constantly got kicked out of class were rude and even brought cigarets to school and the teachers did nothing to them eventually I think they were kicked out of the school but the school did not wait until the end of the year to do it there for not only making the students suffer but also the teachers who were beyond with these rude brats.When it comes to teachers they are amazing in the middle school and ok in the lower school during my lower school years in my opinion I only had one really amazing teacher that made an impact on my life and me , while in middle school all the teachers really do care its like having parents at school. When it comes to students they all can be very rude and bully children.

Posted April 22, 2013
If your child has learning difficulties or disabilities, you must give Benchmark a try. My daughter has had no less than a miraculous learning experience there versus her experience in public school. Class sizes are small, teachers are experienced and attentive and really want to be there, want to help the children learn. The learning startegies developed there are creative and meaningful and are taught to other schools, they are on the cutting edge. My daughter's experience there has meant everything to my family. They not only teach a wonderful curriculum but also teach the children self-advocacy techniques and are constantly giving them activities for confidence boosting. It is an investment in your child's future to unlock potential that may remain locked if intervention is not provided early. It is worth every penny.

Posted October 18, 2011
We are parents of a child who graduated from Benchmark School. Benchmark was an outstanding school that literally changed the direction of our child's life. As our child navigates his way through his new high school, it is clear that he was well prepared to handle the challenges he faces. We are a family of modest means, but were always treated with respect and dignity. We cannot overstate that the accommodations, care, and compassion that was shown to our son saved him academically and holistically. He entered Benchmark as a confused, scared, child defined by his learning disability. He left Benchmark as a confident learner not only able to reach his potential, but excel in ways we could not even imagine possible.

Benchmark School 2

Posted June 24, 2011
We are parent of a student at this school. Certainly, if your child is having reading issues, hands down it is excellent. They take child with attention difficulty as well, even though they really can't handle it. Since we could not find a writing program, we enrolled him at Benchmark. They said they could assist him. They did not. Wasted a whole year and now behind in another subject as well. Very inflexible to create an individual program to assist. If you expect them to deviate from lack of progress, don't go to Benchmark. Lastly, they have many kids whom get picked on and they don't address it either. Shame. Could be a good school if they had some backbone. Too afraid to make changes or commitments to improve.

Posted May 03, 2010
We are increadibly greatful to be able to send our son to this school. In his old school in fourth grade, he was able to hide from his teachers that he was doing none of the reading for close to six months. At Benchmark, his skills have slowely but surely progressed and as he completes his eighth grade year he is on the verge of being mainstreamed. Throughout this the schoool has figured out ways to support him that went outside a standard playbook. He is emerging as an invidual with a fun and charismatic personality and the confidence and strategies needed to succeed.

Posted April 15, 2010
Throughout her first and second grade years at school, my daughter could not read. She had lost all self-esteem because of her inability to keep up with her classmates and cried every day when she came home from school. I heard about a 5-week summer reading camp at Benchmaark School and enrolled my daughter. In just four weeks during this summer program, the teachers at Benchmark taught her to read. She has gained so much confidence, a love of learning, and dedication and commitment to doing well in school. This school was a well kept secret, but I'm so glad I found it.

Benchmark School 2

Posted October 24, 2009

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009

Benchmark School 0

Posted July 03, 2008
With the founder now gone and her son taken over, the school is suffering. It is getting away from its focus on students with reading issues to being a school that is becoming known as place to send a kid with social issues. Please note the student's commentary and the number of mistakes.

Benchmark School