Media, PA

Posted March 23, 2015
The BEST decision that my husband and I have ever made!...We sent both of our sons to Benchmark at a very young age. Now both of them in the top colleges in the world! Benchmark taught them learning strategies that put them on the road to success and instilled a love of learning, We thank Benchmark everyday (so do our sons). Our son agree it was the best school ever and it prepared them for the outstanding colleges that they attend today! Benchmark puts children who are lagging in reading and writing way above their peers who attend other schools! Everyone should have the opportunity to learn this way. If your child is struggling to read and write...go directly to Benchmark..."do not pass go...." as they say in the game Monopoly! THANK YOU BENCHMARK!

Posted March 23, 2015
Benchmark is the best decision we have ever made for our child. We began sending our daughter to the Benchmark Summer Camp 3 years ago. Having seen the confidence Benchmark was able to give our daughter in only 5 weeks, we felt Benchmark was the right place for her social, emotional, and academic growth all year long. Only in her second year, our daughter has already gained confidence, improved her reading and math skills, and increased her ability to approach problems strategically and with a positive attitude. Each teacher at Benchmark has taken the time to understand my child and meet her needs in a supportive yet challenging academic environment. The exceptionally dedicated staff continues to nurture my child as she continues to grow. Benchmark has allowed my child to cultivate relationships in the classroom as well as in after school activities like Guided Study, Art Club, Girl's Club, and the Robotics Clubs. We believe that every child could benefit from a Benchmark education.

Posted March 17, 2015
For all the parents that are contemplating on whether or not to send your child to Let me tell you my story. I'd cried about the decision of having to take my son from his present school and all his friends. But I knew he was not going to make in his present school. Benchmark laid a solid foundation for his understanding on how he learns. Benchmark build his confidence & he became a true advocate for himself. My son attended Benchmark from 2 - 8 grade. He is now a sophomore at SLA and a straight A student. He takes pride in his studies and himself. So if you have the opportunity to get in Benchmark it really pays off and the end.

Posted March 15, 2015
Our son entered Benchmark as fifth grade student reading at a first grade level. He was battered, frustrated and defeated by everything in his life. During his four years at the school, his teachers were amazing with him, displaying the patience he needed but being honest with him about what was getting in the way of his success. After Benchmark, he went on to high school and college. We knew he understood himself when we overheard him talking with Division 1 lacrosse coaches about learning support programs at their schools and if not available, he expressed gratitude for the interest and said good-bye. He is now a well-respected educator in Maryland, having earned certifications in elementary and special education, and administration. None of this would have been possible without Benchmark. He learned there who he was as a student, how to advocate for himself, and what strategies he needed to achieve success. He is paying it forward today, instilling a sense of self-advocacy and self-knowledge in the students he now teaches. We believe that he would never have achieved this success without having the experience of Benchmark School.

Posted March 13, 2015
I can not say enough wonderful things about Benchmark and how it transformed my son, who has dyslexia, into a confident learner who knows what he needs to succeed in school and in life. He entered as a 4th grader from a fabulous prep school, but could barely read or string together sentences to write a paragraph. At Benchmark he worked hard (yes, there were tears) but so did everyone else. The lower school and middle school teachers were amazing and wanted him to succeed. His math instruction was superb. He mainstreamed into a different prep school in the 8th grade and I can brag that he just got accepted to every college he applied to! In high school he amazed himself by earning a B+ in English literature - a huge deal in our house!! What I loved about Benchmark was not only his experience but mine as a mom. All of the parents were there to give their kids the best shot at life. It's a 'whole family' experience and I have remained friends with my "Benchmark family" 5 years later.

Posted February 11, 2015
Wow, I completely disagree with the previous review! My daughter had an amazing academic experience at Benchmark and our family was supported by an extremely conscientious support service department. My daughter had some social difficulties in middle school and the support service department was very compassionate and straight forward. I found the lower school teachers unbelievably professional and effective. The math department was innovative and strong and she really enjoyed all of her "extra" classes (art, music, health, class meeting and gym). They even had a mentor class and guided study that helped with homework and projects. Our job as parents is not to protect our children from strife; instead, we need to prepare them to be thoughtful contributors to society. Benchmark had a good balance of compassion and teaching the kids to deal with reality.

Benchmark School 4

Posted October 14, 2014
when it comes to learning in the reading and writing area its amazingly strong but, math is weak very weak to the poin. Also, when it comes to the social part of the school the people who handle discipline do a horrible job and at times can be actually racist and even said something horribly racist to my own mother. On top of that the kids can also be racist diversity is something benchmark is horrible at. In addition they only decide to put in action sometimes there was kids who constantly got kicked out of class were rude and even brought cigarets to school and the teachers did nothing to them eventually I think they were kicked out of the school but the school did not wait until the end of the year to do it there for not only making the students suffer but also the teachers who were beyond with these rude brats.When it comes to teachers they are amazing in the middle school and ok in the lower school during my lower school years in my opinion I only had one really amazing teacher that made an impact on my life and me , while in middle school all the teachers really do care its like having parents at school. When it comes to students they all can be very rude and bully children.

Posted April 22, 2013
If your child has learning difficulties or disabilities, you must give Benchmark a try. My daughter has had no less than a miraculous learning experience there versus her experience in public school. Class sizes are small, teachers are experienced and attentive and really want to be there, want to help the children learn. The learning startegies developed there are creative and meaningful and are taught to other schools, they are on the cutting edge. My daughter's experience there has meant everything to my family. They not only teach a wonderful curriculum but also teach the children self-advocacy techniques and are constantly giving them activities for confidence boosting. It is an investment in your child's future to unlock potential that may remain locked if intervention is not provided early. It is worth every penny.

Posted October 18, 2011
We are parents of a child who graduated from Benchmark School. Benchmark was an outstanding school that literally changed the direction of our child's life. As our child navigates his way through his new high school, it is clear that he was well prepared to handle the challenges he faces. We are a family of modest means, but were always treated with respect and dignity. We cannot overstate that the accommodations, care, and compassion that was shown to our son saved him academically and holistically. He entered Benchmark as a confused, scared, child defined by his learning disability. He left Benchmark as a confident learner not only able to reach his potential, but excel in ways we could not even imagine possible.

Benchmark School 2

Posted June 24, 2011
We are parent of a student at this school. Certainly, if your child is having reading issues, hands down it is excellent. They take child with attention difficulty as well, even though they really can't handle it. Since we could not find a writing program, we enrolled him at Benchmark. They said they could assist him. They did not. Wasted a whole year and now behind in another subject as well. Very inflexible to create an individual program to assist. If you expect them to deviate from lack of progress, don't go to Benchmark. Lastly, they have many kids whom get picked on and they don't address it either. Shame. Could be a good school if they had some backbone. Too afraid to make changes or commitments to improve.

Benchmark School