PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

It's a good school if you fit into a certain box. If you're a little different it won't be a good fit for your child. Also if you have a different learning style it will be hard for your child. My child had a hard time with some of the students and administration. They have a way of making it seem like it's your child's fault (not intentionally) that they don't fit in or get it. I have seen several kids self esteem suffer because of this. As far as their curriculum goes, you had to be in honors math to take Algebra 1 in the 8th grade. Most area high schools expect you to start in Algebra 2. When we first got there Spanish class wasn't that great, but it improved by the time we left. A lot of memorization not much critical thinking. The amount of homework they give with the amount of learning didn't seemed balanced. They should give less material but go deeper. Learn more about why the fact is important and less trying to memorize the fact. My child learned there and made it into an area college prep high school, so the school is not all bad. They need to be more inclusive of differences and tweak their curriculum and they will be an excellent school for all children.

The only negative thing I can say is that it eventually had to come to an end. I loved it here and had amazing experiences. That's not to say that I didn't have bad days there, or had hard classes! Academics were challenging, but had teachers who loved to teach and loved to learn from us. It honestly felt like the programs were designed around us and what would benefit us, as an individual and as a class. I participated in sports and service and loved it! What I loved the most was the music program! I love Chorale and the plays! Mr. Borton is a genius! Choir won gold in NYC against only high schools and our sports teams have won several champions! The plays are high school quality, but in a middle school setting. There was something for everyone and was very easy to be apart of a few different things. Everyone had a close group of friends and everyone was always supportive. The teachers were not scary, but seemed like family! I highly recommend this school to anyone! I am currently in high school and was one of the few students in my entire class who was prepared academically and socially. I had a very easy transition and I wish I could go back to Waldron for high school!

After moving to Westcoast, we miss this school very much. It's a kind of place where you KNOW your children will come out a with great education, great values and skills. Only if we could transport the whole school out to our neighborhood..

I love WMA, the administration, the mission, the values, the community is great!! My child has been there for two years, and my husband and I are completely happy with the academics, the study body, the public speaking skills of the students and the extra curricular activities for the children.

I have to say, attending this school has been one of the most positive experiences in my life so far. I transferred here to Waldron in the sixth grade and even on my very first day, I felt as if I had been going there for years. My fellow students are amazing and incredible people who inspire me every day and most of my teachers have played a major role in kindling interests that I still have today. I am now in the eighth grade, and everyone in our grade is accepted to the high school of their choice, along with many, many scholarships. The academics have challenged even I, an enthused member of academic programs like CTY. This is a warm, welcoming community of people who have taught me what it is to be merciful.

this school was fine. I mean I was in the 5th grade last year and most of my teachers were crabby, spazzy, or just plain mean. The kids there are nice though. But don't waste your money my mom payed over 10,000 dollars for me to go to that school, and when I transfered the next year I didn't even know about half of the suff they were talking about... This school is way to exspensive for a child to come out of it with a whole bunch of gaps

I love this school. I am in the middle of my seventh grade year. Ive been here since first grade. The teachers, sports, and atmosphere will have you hooked by the open house. You will want your kids to come here and have a great time like me !

This is an awesome school with great sports and amazing teachers who really inspire you.

Our daugher just completed pre-K and she had a great time. Teachers were exceptional. Look forward to this coming year.

the academics are amazing along with the art and music programs, sport programs, and extracurricular activities, I would know, because I am a student att this amazing school!

Last modified Waldron Mercy Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8