Monongahela El Center 2

Posted May 03, 2012
Too many children fall through the cracks here. I've called my childs teacher numerous times with questions about assignments and left messages on their machine to call me back, never have they returned my calls. I'm considering homeschooling or moving to another district for a better education for my children.

Monongahela El Center 3

Posted November 29, 2007
I do agree with the posting yesterday. A lot more can be done in regards to weeding out the teachers that are there for all the wrong reasons. The schools puts to much focus on the PSSA test then anything else! I know kids that bring copies of the test home and study it. I understand we lose funding if the scores are to low. One test should not determine what a childs worth! Some schools are even cutting into recess and art to study for these test. Kids do need down time! I don't know about other students but last year my child came home with so much homework that I didn't think they did anything in school. I do believe in homework but what were they doing in school. I can say this year has improved.

Monongahela El Center 4

Posted November 28, 2007
In my experience I have found the majority of the teachers at this school to do their job well. Some who I think are absolutely fabulous and who are worth their weight in gold. One in particular that taught responsibility and work ethic to her students in a strict but fair manner. My son learned a great deal with her and respected her greatly. I however have also found teachers that I beleive to be in this profession for all the wrong reasons. They are unable to gain respect and control of classrooms, are lazy about teaching and show little or no enthusiasm about teaching, therefore, it is not a good learning enviroment. PSSA's do NOT show the student or teacher's worth. It is one test that only reflects the childs mood or ability that day. It is a waste of teaching time.

Monongahela El Center