Mount Joy, PA

Farmdale El School 5

Posted October 19, 2014
Farmdale Rocks! I have seen so many changes with the school over the past two years. There was a re-districting and a new building. THere were some growing pains, but I see that we are still the same small community we were once. There is not one teacher that we have had that wouldn't go out of their way to help. I have seen the Principal do the same. I volunteer A LOT!!! I love helping out, and even on the toughest of days with the students, the Principal keeps the safety and education in the forefront of her goals every day! My three kids LOVE FARMDALE!!

Farmdale El School 5

Posted March 04, 2014
My 5 year old started kindergarten here after just moving across the country and I couldn't be MORE grateful for the wonderful teachers and principal at Farmdale. The kindergarten teachers, principal, and staff have proven themselves to be kind, caring, sensitive, involved, and readily available for my son and myself. The previous comments about the principal have me flabbergasted. I have seen her almost every single day without fail since the first day of school and she has been nothing but open, friendly, and interested in what I have to say. I LOVE this school and am so glad it's K through 6th so that my son can attend for an extended period of time.

Farmdale El School 2

Posted September 03, 2013
My daughter has been at Farmdale for 4 years now; 2 excellent teachers, 1 OK, and 1 that everyone agrees is a detriment to the intellectual and emotional development of children. Others have commented on the principal, and all I can say is "I agree". Pretty sad that the one "positive" reviewer felt it necessary to imply that anyone who's unhappy must have children with learning or behavioral "issues". Perhaps you're happy with your childrens' level of learning because you are unaware of how limited it is? Yes, if you aspire to nothing more than "adequate" then Farmdale is the place for you!

Farmdale El School 1

Posted September 26, 2012
I have read the reviews and agree with them. Most of the teachers at Farmdale are wonderful and will go out of their way to help your children. The principal does not. If you have a special needs child or your child is not "typical" she is not helpful. She will dismiss you & your child & will be incredibly rude. It is very difficult to get her on the phone let alone get a meeting with her. She is not an advocate for the "non typical" and does not do her job by them.

Farmdale El School 3

Posted March 08, 2011
Farmdale has some wonderful and caring teachers, especially in the primary grades. However, the principle can be very moody and rude with both students and parents. It is difficult to volunteer for the school because of the principal's disrespect for parents. The school is finally getting some meeded updates and renovations.

Farmdale El School 1

Posted December 16, 2007

Farmdale El School
695 Prospect Rd, Mount Joy, PA  17552
Last modified Farmdale El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farmdale El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top