Bad
Good

The academics in this school are very bad they teach with verry low standards the only redemption to this school is their band which is extremely good but has lost olmost all funding. The only thing the supervisors of this school care about is foot ball and disregard the massive amount of bullying and mall teaching. I personally tested very close to gifted but was just off and like the other students who are not in the gifted program ways left to fend for arselvs with the rest of the degenerate people who only care about drugs.

I'm in 9th grade at GNA and there is so much bullying in this school it's unbelievable!!! They need to put a STOP to the bullying!! I mean like it's a good school but it just needs to cut the bullying!! Everyone gets bullied in this school!! I don't like it and I just want it to stop!!! I have gotten bullied so many times and nobody does anything about it!! And they say there is a no bullying policy but everyone gets bullied!! I'm to the point where I'm going to go to the community and have something done about it!!! I'm going to get as many people as I can in this city to agree with me! Because there is bullying everywhere in this school! It needs to stop!! I'm sorry if anyone disagrees with me but I've been bullied and I've went there since 1st grade!!

I've been learning the same thing for the past couple years. I'm still learning parts of speech! The students do run the school. We can curse to our teachers and them not do a single thing. They laugh and joke and never do anything. Then when they get mad they give us tests without much practice. And when we fail them we get oh well, your fault. As being a student here, I'm trying everything in my power to get out of this school. If these teachers do not like you, they will not give you the advantages other "popular" students receive. I asked to borrow a book and this teacher let another student borrow it for a night but refused to let me take it out of the room. My friend who has moved here from another school constantly tells me how behind this school is. She told me she took most of these classes already that we are required to take this year. She had taken these classes in 7th grade. There is no extra help from this teachers, and barely any teaching going on. The students can control these teachers like they are puppets. This school doesn't even deserve one star.

I don't know why people make Nanticoke out to be a terrible school. It's not terrible, but it is true it isn't the best. Don't generalize the entire student population because of a few misbehaved teenagers. From what I can tell, everyone gets along pretty well. It's true that the students do get away with a lot, but nothing too bad. Discipline has become more enforced. Bullying is a problem everywhere, not just in Nanticoke. All of us, as a student body, are trying to stop that. We appreciate all academic programs at the school, and our sports programs are pretty good. Go look at the banners on the wall sometime and don't make false accusations. The teachers are, for the most part, great educators. It's up to you to push yourself to do good, and you can at Nanticoke. I'm a student at there, and I was even accepted to a State Scholarship Pageant. You can go to whatever college you want, no matter where you went to high school. You just have to make your application diverse. Nanticoke is a good school and you can succeed here, but only if you try to.

This school is a joke. Greater Nanticoke Area School District does not have the right teaching. I'm honestly a student at this school. I've been going to this school since kindergarden and i can say that the only this i learned was basic algebra, and the common english. The only way you can pass through this school is if your one of the teachers pets, or if your mommy or daddy know someone. The whole school is about popularity, sex, drugs, and alcohol. About 60 % of the students in the school has done drugs. This school is basically run by the students. Its a horrible school and a waste of time. Honestly, dont even waste your time sending your child to this school. I'm a senior this year, and i can say that if your not in with the jocks and preps your going to be bullied, and picked on horribly. The superintedant won't do anything for your problems, neither will the prinicpal. The guidance coucelar will somewhat do something, but shes to busy dealing with the little girls in the school that cry every day because the'r pregnant and dont know who the father is.

Almost 100% great experience with this school district. Helped my daughter with a learning disability to graduate with honors. They have gone above and beyond what i ever thought a school would do. Somem of the most amazing people to work with through my childrens' education.

This school has an amazing band who works their butts off every day of evry week to be better and better but their school doesnt care about that they focus more on the real sports teams who are all ignerant to the band (and cant win a thing) my daughter loves music and loves what the band is doing but the hurtful words of her peers and the unapreciation of the school has really made her depressed and this school should be ashamed of what they are doing to the only good sports team they have! yes marching band is a sport!

Nanticoke has some great teachers that could really help students further themselves as individuals and to positively impact the world at large. Unfortunately, little is required of students here at the high school. In most cases, the students run the school, not in a good way. Coming from a different school and transferring in, requirements were drastically different. What was expected of me at a 8th grade level in my other school was expected in a 12th grade English Honors class. The school doesn't prepare students for the real world and doesn't engage students to question and pursue knowledge. Their world consists of Nanticoke, PA... and maybe New Jersey. It is not uncommon to find that a student doesn't know the first US president. It is a shame because a lot of students there have the potential to go to Harvard, but they aren't pushed to better themselves.

Last modified Greater Nanticoke Area Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.