PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Strong core academics--the way we USED to be taught in public schools decades ago! Small class sizes coupled with teachers who simply LOVE to teach! Supportive community/family feel among other parents and students. Exactly what my children were missing in public school.

Holy Family has exceded all my expectations. They meet the spiritual needs of my children by example. Academics are excellent and beyond the local public schools. Spanish is a plus. Most of all, Holy Family represents a true scence of community where my children look forward to going to school. They love thier teachers and classmates. The principal has been an excellent role model on how Catholic Schools should be in today's world. Thank you Holy Family!

My oldest son graduated from Holy Family last year. I am pleased to say that Holy Family prepared him exceptionally well for high school. He has even commented on what he has learned compared to his peers in his new school. My younger son is still at Holy Family and is thriving. He commented the other day he will miss Holy Family when it is time for him to graduate. He too is getting the same skills my older son got when he was at Holy Family. It has been a wonderful investment in our children's future!

My boys absolutely love hfs! My husband and I are not only pleased with the academics, but with the nurturing and loving environment that the teachers create. They go that extra mile. Hfs puts those smiles on my boy's faces:)

I read some things here regarding discipline at HFS that I disagree with. I've not seen or heard of any harsh discipline from the pricipal or teachers. I know of several students with learning disabilities who are getting extra help with reading and math one on one with special aides. I also know that at this school students with special needs are also helped and encouraged by their peers. I can't imagine a more encouraging and nuturing learning environment.

If your child has any academic issues this is not the school for your child. The children who are the over achievers are the ones that this school focuses on- the children who struggle w/learning are not helped like they should be!!!!

The principal is to harsh on the students and rules are too strict

HFS is a great place for academic and religious education. The national standard IOWA tests indicate most students entering 3rd grade are reading at the 5th grade level. Upper grades are performing at high school level for math and science. Best of all is the Christ centered education. It is evident in how the students respect each other and their teachers, and through their outreach efforts to the community through works of charity. I proudly send my daughter to this school and am consistently amazed at the academic leaps she is making there. The school may not have all the extra-curricular activities available at public schools, but they excel at the basics of education and good citizenship.

My children haven't experienced any unfair or harsh treatment from the principal or any teachers for that matter. I will say, it seems she is tougher (in enforcing existing rules) on the older students, but I wonder if that isn't exactly what they need as they become big fish in a small sea.

The princple is very unfair to the children, her punsishments are too harsh.

Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8