Posted August 12, 2010
well another school year is coming up and i hope my child gets a decent teacher this year. the last couple have been a joke. the principal is all smiles and clueless. the nurse? well lets just hope your child doesn't get hurt cause she is horrible. all she is good for is giving out ice for headaches and sore throats...seriously??? your main medicine is ice? it's time for this new superintendent to clean house.

Shenango El School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
shenango lacks the facilities that the other district in the area have, the school has one gym available to use and this causes kids to have to cram in athletics before 6am or later in the day, they need another gym to relieve the pressure on the sports and the students participating.

Posted April 14, 2010
I love this school they have always been great and my son has always had wonderful teachers,except for one year!

Posted December 29, 2009

Shenango El School 4

Posted November 13, 2008
I think that Shenango is a great school to send a child to, with the exception that they push kids now days a little too hard & give them too many courses in one week. I atteneded Shenango as a child & I didn't do 1/2 of what they are doing today. I believe that they are overwhelming the children & that is why they are not succeeding like they should be. I also feel that my child is safe while attending school here unlike how I would feel if she attended almost any other school here in town. Shenango also allows their kids to wear normal clothes which helps with the costs of not having to pay extra money for uniforms & taking out the childs individuality!

Posted November 12, 2008
I find the classroom management Puritanical, the building administration unresponsive, and the superintendent aloof.

Shenango El School 0

Posted July 26, 2008
I am a parent of a Shenango student who is now at the highschool. I think overall they have very weak leadership in principals at the elementary and the highschool. The elementary office staff is not very friendly as compared to the highschool office staff which is awesome. Shenango is not a school that helps parents or deals with bullying issues very well. If I didn't live in Shenango I would never send my child there.

Shenango El School 2

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted December 06, 2006
My son just started school (K) at sheneango but I am very impressede that he is reading and spelling by now, I was also very impressed with the acedemic classrooms in this school.

Posted October 18, 2004
I may not be a parent but i am a student and i think we should have a say Shenango is an aswome school but i there is anything i would change it would be that i think we should have the old lunch with cheesesticks and more breakfast food i know money is a factor but lunch and breakfast are very important inorder to get through the day.

Shenango El School
2501 Old Pittsburgh Rd, New Castle, PA  16101
Last modified Shenango El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shenango El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.