Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Mrs. Piccirillo is a wonder kindergarten teacher. She cares very much about each of her individual students and it shows.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I have seen the flyer that talks about the Wildcat Way and my daughter has received a couple coupon awards for doing the right thing.

Shenango El School 4

Posted November 18, 2015
The kindergarten teachers are great. I only deducted one point because the nurse does not communicate effectively. I also had contact with the transportation department, the PTO, and the principal. All of those areas were easy to deal with and went out of their way to explain what was required of me as a parent.

Shenango El School 1

Posted August 12, 2010
well another school year is coming up and i hope my child gets a decent teacher this year. the last couple have been a joke. the principal is all smiles and clueless. the nurse? well lets just hope your child doesn't get hurt cause she is horrible. all she is good for is giving out ice for headaches and sore throats...seriously??? your main medicine is ice? it's time for this new superintendent to clean house.

Posted April 26, 2010
shenango lacks the facilities that the other district in the area have, the school has one gym available to use and this causes kids to have to cram in athletics before 6am or later in the day, they need another gym to relieve the pressure on the sports and the students participating.

Shenango El School 5

Posted April 14, 2010
I love this school they have always been great and my son has always had wonderful teachers,except for one year!

Shenango El School 4

Posted November 13, 2008
I think that Shenango is a great school to send a child to, with the exception that they push kids now days a little too hard & give them too many courses in one week. I atteneded Shenango as a child & I didn't do 1/2 of what they are doing today. I believe that they are overwhelming the children & that is why they are not succeeding like they should be. I also feel that my child is safe while attending school here unlike how I would feel if she attended almost any other school here in town. Shenango also allows their kids to wear normal clothes which helps with the costs of not having to pay extra money for uniforms & taking out the childs individuality!

Shenango El School 1

Posted November 12, 2008
I find the classroom management Puritanical, the building administration unresponsive, and the superintendent aloof.

Posted July 26, 2008
I am a parent of a Shenango student who is now at the highschool. I think overall they have very weak leadership in principals at the elementary and the highschool. The elementary office staff is not very friendly as compared to the highschool office staff which is awesome. Shenango is not a school that helps parents or deals with bullying issues very well. If I didn't live in Shenango I would never send my child there.

Shenango El School 5

Posted December 06, 2006
My son just started school (K) at sheneango but I am very impressede that he is reading and spelling by now, I was also very impressed with the acedemic classrooms in this school.

2501 Old Pittsburgh Rd, New Castle, PA  16101
Last modified Shenango El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.