New Castle, PA

Posted December 13, 2014
The TRUTH about St. Vitus School is that you would never be able to find a more familiar, fun, learning environment, for your children in the greater Lawrence County Area than St. Vitus. The academia is at such a higher, advanced level than the surrounding public and private schools. The class-sizes are just-big enough, and the teachers are great and engaging in all their ways. Importantly, it is the ONLY states-accredited private school in New Castle. St. Vitus is such a true gem, and deserves to be discovered by more.

St. Vitus School 1

Posted December 06, 2014
It'll never make sense to me why this school has been rated with five stars. I wish more people who had left this school would know about this site, so the truth can finally be revealed to the general public.

Posted December 06, 2014
St. Vitus School is amazing! Both of my sons attended St. Vitus from Preschool through grade 8. I can't say enough about the wonderful education they received. My youngest had a problem with a couple of subjects and he stayed after school for free tutoring until he improved. Parents are encouraged to be involved in the school. There is a real family atmosphere where my sons were treated with love and respect from faculty and staff. The teachers were easy to contact and talk to. I am so happy my kids went to St. Vitus!

Posted September 08, 2014
Fantastic education with a family atmosphere. Faculty is dedicated to enriching the children with spiritual, physical, social and educational growth. Activities are family oriented and any situation is handled with compassion and concern for the students' progress.

Posted September 06, 2014
Both of my children attend St. Vitus School. My oldest started out in public school and was very unhappy. She would cry before school and after. After 2 years we decided to transfer her to St.Vitus. She immediately began to flourish. The teachers and staff go out of their way to make sure the children are happy and are thriving. Both my children get upset when the school year ends. They learn so much more than their friends in public school. We only wish that the school went to 12th grade.

Posted April 07, 2014
Our son transferred to St. Vitus at the beginning of this school year from a local public school. We couldn't be happier with the decision. The whole school has a feeling of calm and order. The academics are great and well laid out. The teachers, principal and staff are kind, easy to get in touch with, and eager to help. Our son has made some great friends, and thoroughly enjoys going to school. Our only regret is not making the change sooner.

Posted April 04, 2014
My children love St Vitus school!!! Like many of the kids here they don't want to miss school! The teachers know all the students in all grades and quite often stay after if a child needs any help keeping up. The curriculum is very good and the kids are usually considered advanced when moving on to ninth grade. My kids and I always feel like its one big family environment. They feel very safe here.

Posted February 25, 2014
Our son is currently in first grade at St. Vitus. As parents my husband and I could not be happier with our decision to send him here. We sent him to kindergarten at public school for the first part of the year and were completely unhappy. He was not learning anything and was completely miserable when he came home from school. Since starting St. Vitus last year he LOVES going to school! He is excited about learning. The faculty is wonderful! Everyone is very helpful and definitely wants their students to succeed. He is learning so much and we are very excited to be sending our second son to the preschool program next year.

Posted August 12, 2013
Our two children have been at SVS since Kindergarten, and really love it. We are blessed to have a Catholic school so close to home. I cannot imagine sending my kids to public school after being at St. Vitus. for nearly 6 years. They feel very safe and comfortable here. It is like one big happy family. We are very thankful for our little school.

Posted February 08, 2013
I am currently a 6th grade student at SVS. St. Vitus is more than just a school to me. It has a very nurturing environment and a warming family atmosphere. The academics are stellar, and the extra-curricular opportunities are endless. St. Vitus currently offers 4 sports, Basketball, Archery, Cross Country, and Cheerleading. Other Activities include PJAS, Journalism Club, Drama Club, Math Club, Gardening Club, Service Club, Cantor Choir, Forensics Team, much more. SVS produces many plays throughout the year conducted by students in grades 4-8 and several 6-8 grade students produce a monthly newspaper, The Witness. As you can see, St. Vitus has a lot to offer and has other family-oriented activities, such as the Families at Play nights that are held every month. The entire school participates in Friday morning mass every week and every grade has Religion class everyday, which helps enrich the Christ-centered environment at our school. We also have more of a one-on-one learning experience as the student-faculty ratio is 1:10 with an average of around 10-12 students per grade. I am a proud student of St. Vitus and I am blessed to have devoted 8 years of my childhood to SVS so far.

St. Vitus School