Bad
Good

My children attended kindergarten for1st semester before we moved. They taught very well! The only downside is that there's no preschool and kindergarten is only half days. We've heard promises for years about going full day but that is yet to be seen. The new building next year should make things better. The kinder class was large and had 16 students. They got plenty of outdoor play, weather permitting, and learning in all areas was very good! New Cumberland is a small town set in a metro area but still get that small town feel and safety. Good school!

My son attends Hillside and is in first grade. We loved both his kindergarten and first grade teachers. The teachers kept me well informed, invited me to participate in the classrooms as much as possible and worked with me and my child whenever problems arose. An entirely new school is under construction and we're excited to see the finished building.

My child attended 1st grade there. Loved it. Special education teacher worked very well with my child boosted his confidence and was very thorough.

Last modified Hillside El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.