New Ringgold, PA

West Penn Twp El School 1

Posted April 13, 2014
I have never in my life delt with such a disturbing school! Not only do they give the elementary children 1-3 hours worth of homework on the weekends, but my child refuses to let us try and explain anything because "that's not how the teacher does it and we have to do it her way." The school taxes in our area are absurd, and yet the elementary school does not have enough money to buy matching desks for the classrooms. The kids art projects consist of noodles, paper plates, and strings. All of the school tax money goes to the high school. The elementary kids are served expired orange juice with breakfast, do not have enough funding for updates to the school , and are cheated out of a fair education. I am moving as soon as this school year is over!

West Penn Twp El School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
West Penn is a new school, Yet it is already overcrowded, understaffed and lacking in the up to date technology that ALL other schools have as common place. Today computer knowledge is a must for kids and each kid should have thier own computers in class to learn equally & efficiently. The playground is minimal at most, sport fields are up on the side of a mountain out back, far from water, and requires an uphill hike to get there.With only 260 kids each kid should at least have a computer of thier own to be able to learn in class.The cirriculum seems tobe lacking. I'm just gonna drive the 9 miles and take my children to Tamaqua Elementry School. My mother's friend did the same last year and said she was VERY pleased and seen the huge difference in the amount of homework and activities Tamaqua had in comparison.

West Penn Twp El School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Great student to teacher ratio. Very rural setting.

West Penn Twp El School 0

Posted March 28, 2009
I have had great experiences with West Penn elementary school and am very happy my children are there. My son was sick for 3 months and out of school recovering from surgery and we were able to have tutors (who were the teachers in that school)come to our house after they were done working all day and spend time with him to help him with his schoolwork so he wouldn't fall behind. I really appreciated their kindness and patience with him and they were always so concerned with his recovery that they never tried to push him too much. Great school!!!

West Penn Twp El School 5

Posted May 27, 2008
I think west penn is a great school and the teachers are very caring.

West Penn Twp El School 3

Posted July 24, 2005

West Penn Twp El School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
Needs up to date materials & more computers, etc., but is a good school overall.

West Penn Twp El School
185 School Dr, New Ringgold, PA  17960
Last modified West Penn Twp El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Penn Twp El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top