Posted March 24, 2015
Our 8th-grade teenage son loves going to school! What more could you want? But seriously, we moved him here for 8th grade to get a better education and never looked back! We have been delighted with everything about this school. The staff are professional, friendly and caring. The curriculum is rigorous enough to prepare you for a place in a competitive high school, yet is taught such that the students really care about what they are learning. We are impressed by the applied approach to mathematics, the hands-on, investigative 'real life' approach to science, the in-depth exploration of history, the breadth of skills in English, and the support of the Advisory groups. I love that Quaker values guide the school's approach to learning and community, that cooperation is encouraged, stewardship ethics practiced, and students get an opportunity to explore their place in the world. I am impressed with how the academic staff integrate cutting edge curricula with consideration of child development and learning styles. I just can't say enough about NFS as a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. My only regret is that we did not find this school sooner.

Posted January 21, 2015
Our child has been at NFS for 4 years and the experiences that we have had there are tremendous. The teachers go above and beyond to get to know every student and to find ways to teach them in the way that works best for them. With small classes, they are able to do this. They teach the kids about diversity by allowing them opportunities to work together where they share their talents and do not see their difficulties as failures, but rather, areas where others who excel can teach them to grow. The school is constantly educating their teachers on new and innovative methods to keep the school not only ahead of the curve, but to keep the school culture a caring and nurturing place. The school encourages public speaking, problem solving, reflection, and communication, in addition to high academic standards and innovation. In this world of technology and test scores, we are so very thankful to have our child in a school that strives to develop the whole child in a way where they do not think they are the centers of the universe, but rather, valuable pieces of a universal community.

Newtown Friends School 4

Posted June 11, 2014
I attended NFS back in the day and now my children go there. I have been very happy so far as to what my children have learned. I am Saddened to see some of the very important core Quaker values be pushed aside for certain families with connections or money. I give the school a 4 bc I feel my children have some students in their class that should not be in such an "elite" private school and I want to know why it's being tolerated. Over all I hope my children feel the same way as I did when I left. Providing me with a strong basis as to who I was and allowed me to progress to other schools of high achievement. I feel the community has lost se of its "we are all equal and included" values as I had experienced back in the day. But for now they will be staying at the school.

Newtown Friends School 1

Posted March 23, 2014
This school has undergone major turnover in the past couple of years. The youngest of my kids graduated 5 years ago, but an my inlaws still have a child there, who is leaving at the end of this year. They tell me the place has gone downhill and I believe it. Just about every teacher my kids had is GONE - pushed out to make room for younger, cheaper less experienced teachers. Maybe the lack of experienced educators is why they now have a full time counselor on staff -- but the full time librarian, computer teacher, math enrichment and ft reading specialists have all been cut. I have no idea what happened to all those great teachers and the school my family loved. Strongly suggest you visit the fine public schools in the area before dropping $18k per kid here. What a shame.

Newtown Friends School 4

Posted March 04, 2014
NFS has steady improved since the arrival of the new Headmaster several years ago. As anyone who has ever managed change knows, there is always some resistance to the status quo. The school has greatly enhanced the curriculum and hired some excellent teachers with strong qualifications and abilities. Five years ago, we moved from another local private school and are very glad that we did so. Our child has consistently performed at the top of the class and scored very well on standardized tests. The children are overall 'nice' as well as their parents. Whenever concerns are brought to the attention of teachers or administration, the issues are handled appropriately and quickly. NFS should continue to improve as the staff works together for the betterment of the children and their educational experience.

Newtown Friends School 2

Posted February 24, 2014
This school is difficult to recommend to other parents. There has been significant staff turnover in the past 3 years which seems to be reflective of the work environment. The administration seems out of touch and i am questioning keeping my children there next year. I have had high hopes but the student numbers keep dropping and so seems the services. In one grade only ten percent of students are male.

Posted January 28, 2014
Newtown Friends School is an amazing school, full of wonderful teachers and wonderful children. From visiting the Trenton Planetarium, to visiting Willamsburg. This school is an amazing school full of wonderful adventures and experiences. The teachers have all different backgrounds, and teaching styles. But, overall, this school is AMAZING!!!

Posted January 27, 2014
I attend Newtown Friends School and it has given me some of the best childhood memories I can remember. I love this school with all my heart and the people in it. We are challenged every day to exceed our greatest abilities. I will miss this school dearly when I graduate in 2014. The teachers and languages are all great here, I love it here. I hope that everyone else who attends this school can have a even better experience than I did.

Posted January 27, 2014
I have attended this school for 10 years and I don't regret a single thing. The teachers and staff are wonderful and very caring. The relationship between students and teachers is unlike any other. Our academics are rigorous and the values that this school has are incredible. You will not find a mean student in our school and we are very accepting of all races, genders, religions, etc. I met many amazing students who share common interests as me. I can guarantee you that every student has the drive and desire to learn and succeed in our education. I couldn't imagine growing up in a different environment. Newtown Friends School has prepared me for bigger environments, and bigger leadership opportunities in my high school, and my community. I know that I am going to graduate from Newtown Friends School with a great idea of who I am, and who I plan on being in the future. Sincerely, Class of 2014 Student

Posted January 27, 2014
Newtown Friends School has honestly changed my life. The school has an unrivaled balance of quaker values and strong academics. I have been at Newtown Friends for nine years and am an eighth grade student, and have loved every second of the experience. Students at NFS are encouraged to participate in the numerous community service activities, and everyone who goes through the NFS program learns about how they can help both their local and global communities. Academics at NFS are very strong. All of the teachers challenge students, and there is a wide variety of choices when it comes to advanced courses. I, along with many other classmates have test scores well into the 80th and 90th percentile in both the SSATs and the ERBs, but more importantly have come to love learning. At Newtown Friends School, each individual person is taught to respect and value their piers. I would encourage anyone in grades Pre-K through 8 to come to Newtown Friends for a visit. I know of no other school that has such a balance of community and academics. I know that every Newtown Friends School student will graduate with both ambition to succeed and the knowledge to back it up.

Newtown Friends School
1450 Newtown Langhorne Rd, Newtown, PA  18940
Last modified Newtown Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Newtown Friends School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top