Oley, PA

Posted January 12, 2014
I recently moved my family into the school district and I am pleased to say that my family and especially my two girls love it. The staff are extremely professional and definitely show that they care about the development and we'll being of the children that they care for. The staff and counselors made the registration process painless and I definitely appreciated their patience. Overall Oley school district is a great place for children to learn and grow. The size of the school means that students get special attention and I am definitely impressed with attention they give towards diversity.

Posted May 30, 2013
OVSD is and always will be there for the students! They want our children to succeed just as much as we do and we as parents need to be more involved with their education and not so much on keeping up with the latest fashions as I have seen with some of the students who come to school everyday. ENTER TO _____? and LEARN TO _________? If you did not say Learn and Serve SHAME ON YOU!!!! We as parents have chosen to live in this beautiful country side that we call Oley Valley for many reasons and if you feel that the Oley Valley School district is not giving your child the education he/she deserves of if you feel that they have been treated differently for what ever reason you might want to ask yourself is your child putting forth the effort or are they relying on you too much to make it easier for them? Remember OVSD has an obligation (responsibility) to give our children the opportunity to succeed and as a student it is your greatest obligation (responsibility) to make sure you strive to do your best and to put forth effort in your education and to stand up for yourself and we as parents must keep the lines of communication open.

Oley Valley El School 2

Posted August 15, 2010
My youngest child attended this school . She was bullied on the bus and also in school. The counselor was not helpful. She came home depressed everyday and hated to go to school. Not much diversity, you can get bullied easily if you look different or dressed different. Also no after school programs or activities. Not much to do in this rural school.

Posted March 01, 2010
We have raised 4 children in the district. The elementary and middle school facilities are modern and clean. The HS is dated and needs renovation. The string program is excellent and band is great. Due to being a rural school, the sports teams are smaller w/no football at HS level. The teachers at the elementary level are exceptional and dedicated to the children. This is a great community w/many school activities (father daughter dance, annual dinner to support community members in need, movie nights, craft fairs, etc) Norman Rockwell would be proud.

Posted August 04, 2009

Posted March 15, 2005

Posted March 15, 2005

Oley Valley El School
3257 Friedensburg Rd, Oley, PA  19547
Last modified Oley Valley El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oley Valley El School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top